• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

Anyone seen one yet? What are the special league play rules included? 

Be seeing you.

#2 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

Still waiting for the one I ordered through the FLGS to arrive (I wanted one since I'm running our Leage).  Owner ordered it 2-3 weeks ago and it has still not arrived yet.  Disappointing.

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#3 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

league rules is just a poster with a spot to put player names and how many wins they have. after they win a game (either for the imperial or the rebel) they get a faction sticker that fills up a box (total of about 7 boxes) the imperial start from left to right and the rebels start right to left. eventially the stickers will start to over lap as a tug of war begins to happen. the Player who helps the winning side the most is considered the winner when the weeks are up. It comes with two range finders that allot of people find a little shorter then the other, and the range marker is off by a tad bit on some. The cost is 20$.

The reason why your game night kit is on hold is because they are doing quality inspection and trying to get correctly sized range finders for people.

If your a die hard Xwing fan, or a league runner, youll want a kit. The range finders are great for personal use to feel speacial and make awesome prizes. I tell people who act like they are somewhat interested for personal uses, you end up paying 20$ for a ton of stickers and 2 range finders that the quality of isnt accurite enough to play an official game, but does look awesome for friendly games. Someone who think 15$ for 1 model is already expensive probable wont want this.

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#4 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Ah! I can wait on quality control.

The range templates are for me. I'll hand out the cards each week.

Yeah, I'm definitely not someone who thinks $15 for a nice model is expensive. I bought heavily into X-Wing and even with everything I've bought it's still the lowest investment of any miniatures game I play.

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#5 Devlan

Devlan

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

I'm looking to get my local store to grab one of these so I can run a proper game night there, but if there's quality control issues I can procrastinate it a bit more.

#6 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Emrico said:

Ah! I can wait on quality control.

The range templates are for me. I'll hand out the cards each week.

Yeah, I'm definitely not someone who thinks $15 for a nice model is expensive. I bought heavily into X-Wing and even with everything I've bought it's still the lowest investment of any miniatures game I play.

Jim

Could not agree more with this above statement.

#7 Alamoth

Alamoth

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

League play sounds like a fantastic way to get people into the game. I am going to my FLGS tonight (for D&D) and will be demo'ing X-Wing before and after if people are interested. I'll work on talking the shop owner into ordering the Game Night Kit for me so I can run a league if people are interested. If not, then I guess I'll have some fancy range-finders for myself!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS