Matrix Analyzer (3)
Data Raven (3)
Hunter (3)
Tollbooth (3)
Wall of Static (3)
Wall of Thorns (3) 3 Inf

Upgrades (3)
Red Herrings (3)

Since NBN is light on the damage, this is more of a tag and burn than tag and bag deck. The objective is to tag the runner and burn them with Closed Accounts and/or Scorched Earth. While they recover, if they can, you continue to pursue your agendas and set up for another round of hurt should they come crawling back from the gutter. I like Red Herrings keeping my agenda safe for a turn but I might drop them for 2x SanSan to cut down the time agenda spend on the board.

#2 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

I like the deck and the strategy.  It just hurts me inside to use 12 influence on three Scorched Earth.

#3 Malgamus

Malgamus

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Here is the current build I'm using of this deck. After reading a post on BGG, I cut it to 45 cards and it still works pretty well. Getting one or more economy cards in your starting hand is key. From there its locking the runner out early with cheap ICE or using Red Herrings so you can score cheaper agendas. Breaking News makes great fodder for Archer or you can rez it for free with PR. Scorched Earth and Closed Accounts are great for destroying the runners card or credit pool costing then turns to recover.

NBN (45) 14 Inf

Agendas (10)
Astroscript Pilot Program (3)
Breaking News (2)
Private Security Force (3)
Priority Requisition (2)

Operations (13)
Hedge Fund (3) 
Closed Accounts (2)
SEA Source (3)
Scorched Earth (2) 8 Inf
Beanstalk Royalties (3) 3 Inf

Assets (3)
Melange Mining Corp (3)

ICE (14)
Data Raven (3)
Enigma (3)
Wall of Static (3)
Tollbooth (3)
Archer (2) 4 Inf

Upgrades (5)
Red Herrings (3)
SanSan City Grid (2)

#4 Malgamus

Malgamus

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

Since WLA released I have updated my deck. I also cut down to 45 cards and haven't looked back. NBN plays well lean and mean. Here is the updated deck list.

NBN (45) 15 Inf

Agendas (9)(20 AP)
Breaking News (2)
Restructed Datapool (2)
Priority Requisition (2)

I love the new agenda for NBN. On demand SEA Source means I don't need that card in my deck anymore. I think one of the biggest mistakes people overlook is the resource trashing tags can do. Tagging the runner and trashing several of their resources can ruin their game. Astroscript is great for helping score the bigger Agendas faster and Breaking News is good for Archer fodder and tagging to mess with the runner. Priority Req helps with rezzing the bigger ICE like Tollbooth and Archer. I cut PSF because of it's high cost low return and the ability doesn't get used often.

Operations (11)
Hedge Fund (3) 
Closed Accounts (3)
Scorched Earth (2) 8 Inf
Beanstalk Royalties (3) 3 Inf

Closed Accounts and Scorched Earth are great for messing with a runner depending on their setup. I use SE more for trashing a hand of cards than for flatlining the runner. If they are light on cards but loaded with credits, Closed Accounts can stall them for several turns. Hedge Fund and Beanstalk Royalties help fund your light economy.

Assets (3)
Melange Mining Corp (3)

I prefer to keep my remote servers to a minimum in this deck so I don't play many assets. MMC is great for boosting your economy for several turns then it can be trashed to make way for agendas.

ICE (17)
Data Raven (3)
Draco (3)
TMI (3)
Wall of Static (3)
Tollbooth (3)
Archer (2) 4 Inf

Data Raven is great for threatening the runner. They either have to take a tag and pay later to remove it or end their runner. Draco is cheap and with only a few credits you are costing the runner money or they are dealing with traces. TMI is good because your NBN trace boost makes it much easier to get out or cost the runner more to keep it from being rezzed. Tollbooth is amazing as always. Archer is a nasty suprise that does well thanks to Breaking News or Priority Requisition. If the runner hits it blind it can cost them dearly. I only run 17 ICE but like I said I keep remote severs to a minimum so I don't need to protect as much.

Upgrades (5)
Red Herrings (3)
SanSan City Grid (2)

The upgrades are all about protecting and scoring your agendas which is the main focus of the deck. Even the tagging is about protecting your agendas by stalling the runner.

#5 Frosty Hardtop

Frosty Hardtop

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

Couple of questions.

- Why not use Private Security Force? It seems like a natural inclusion with all the tags you'll be tossing at the Runner.

- How does Red Herrings work for you? I've found that Ash performs the same task much more effectively, especially in NBN. I like Red Herrings, but it always seems to me like the Runner can afford the 5 credit cost, whereas Ash stops the Runner outright.

#6 Malgamus

Malgamus

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

I don't use PSF because runners don't normally keep the tags for long and I usually have something else worth playing instead like Closed Accounts, Scorched Earth, or just trashing their resources. I use SE to empty their hand rather than kill them. This stalls them for a turn or more while they recover. All the other agendas have a specific purpose in the deck as well whereas PSF could be nice to use but isn't really needed.

#7 Malgamus

Malgamus

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Here is my latest build after TA released. NBN got some great cards in the set and I've been testing using Trick of Light as well. Between that, Astroscript, and tags you should have a way to fast advance when you need to.

NBN (49) 15 Inf

Agendas (10)
Breaking News (3)
Private Security Force (1)
Restructured Datapool (3)

Operations (16)
Hedge Fund (3)
Closed Accounts (2)
Psychographics (2)
Big Brother (2)
SEA Source (3)
Trick of Light (2) 6 Inf
Beanstalk Royalties (2) 2 Inf

Assets (3)
Melange Mining Corp (3)

ICE (20)
Data Raven (3)
Matrix Analyzer (3)
Hunter (3)
Tollbooth (3)
Wall of Static (3)
Ice Wall (3) 3 Inf
Archer (2) 4 Inf

Upgrades (0)

#8 Evazorek

Evazorek

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Very interesting deck evolution from your first post to your last. I have been wanting to toy with NBN for a while and I think you just convinced me to give it a shot. Please keep updating the thread as you advance and evolve your deck, it makes for great reading.

#9 Tenakis

Tenakis

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Have you tried experimenting with Caduceus?  It has an end the run subroutine (pending trace) and can give you more money (to then use on tags/trashing resources).  

#10 Malgamus

Malgamus

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Here is my latest build post Cyber Exodus. I'm running NBN fast advance with an asset based economy supported by gaining credits as needed. Normally, you can score an agenda on the turn it's played using the various options presented.

NBN (49) 14 Inf

Agendas (11)

Breaking News (3)

Private Security Force (3)

Restructed Datapools (2)

Breaking News makes great fodder for Archer as always, APP is a beast for fast advance. PSF can put the hurt on a tagged runner forcing them to waste turns drawing if unprepared. Datapools usually forces the runner to give up on removing tags and can setup Psychographics fast advances.

Operations (13)

SEA Source (3)

Big Brother (3)

Psychographics (3)

Closed Accounts (2)

Biotic Labor (2) 8 Inf

SEA and Big Bro help tag and add more to setup Psychographics and/or Closed Accounts. Biotic Labor is the new addition and gives a boost to allow one turn scores of APP or make use of Breaking News in one turn as well.

Assets (6)

Marked Accounts (3)

Private Contracts (3)

I love these high trash econ cards. They can be weakly defended or left open with little threat. Imp can be an issue but I if you are running against Noise prepare for it. The both provide enough to run your deck and build up for Biotic Labor or rez San San when you need them. Private Contracts is great for building the advantage for traces as well.

ICE (18)

Data Raven (3)

Pop-up Window (3)

Tollbooth (3)

TMI (3)

Hunter (3)

Archer (3) 6 Inf

The typical mix of tag and stop ICE. Pop-up Window is a nice econ booster that can shift the advantage for a trae with SEA on the next turn. Archer is ever present continuing it's nasty streak of ambushing a runner which tends to cost them the game.

Upgrades (2)

San San City Grid (2)

Helps get those agendas scored on the turn they are played.

#11 Brigaldio

Brigaldio

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

The lack of traps in these decks makes me sad :(

Include some traps, especially using influence to include project Junebug, or the new Edge of the World card, and you'll bring your play up to a new level.

Now blogging Netrunner, Warmachine, Malifaux, Dust: Warfare, and anything else that catches my interest at Dice Minus Seven.

#12 melipone

melipone

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

So what made you decide to switch away from using trick of light and red herrings?

I have been trying out some fast advance and while TOL worked great for the fast advances (better than the psychographics), I found the influence cost of including 3 TOL plus 3 ice wall was too high - especially when that influence could be better spent on something nasty like Archers.

Red herrings I've found useful in niche situations where I've been squeezed on HQ and needed to get an agenda into a remove server quickly.

I also prefer melange mining corp to marked accounts as that means running less remote servers.  Do you run a few remotes in this deck to accomodate the marked accounts/security contracts?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS