My Rebel Squad list for Kessel Run

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ixamos

Ixamos

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Here's my list for the upcoming Kessel Run even, and I can't really make up my mind which is good against TIEs swarm. My prediction that many players will most probably be using it in my LGS. Here are both my list.

Rebel Squad #1 (98 points)
Wedge - R2 Astromech, Swarm Tactics
Rookie Pilot - R2 Astromech
Rookie Pilot
Gold Sq. Pilot - Ion Cannon

Rebel Squad #2 (99 points)
Biggs - R2F2
Gold Sq. Pilot - R2D2, Ion Cannon

Both my list never reach 100 point because I like to always have the initiative first.

Any suggestion?

#2 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Do you have a fourth x-wing?

that y-wing will be a sitting duck against a tie swarm. 

I'd run it against 8 TIEs if you can.

#3 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Short building is an interesting build strategy, but the onus on you to make a kill.  While your opponent can not engage you and get a 3 pt win for just flying away from you for the time limit.

Rebel builds usually depend on the Imperials tendency to come right for them to work.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#4 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

Ixamos said:

Here's my list for the upcoming Kessel Run even, and I can't really make up my mind which is good against TIEs swarm. My prediction that many players will most probably be using it in my LGS. Here are both my list.

Rebel Squad #1 (98 points)
Wedge - R2 Astromech, Swarm Tactics
Rookie Pilot
Gold Sq. Pilot - Ion Cannon

Rebel Squad #2 (99 points)
Biggs - R2F2
Gold Sq. Pilot - R2D2, Ion Cannon

Both my list never reach 100 point because I like to always have the initiative first.

Any suggestion?

you do not really need initiative unless you are going up against another rebel player, as the TIEs tend to be either 1 or 3 skill points, excluding the named pilots, and even then your idea of getting initiative would only work against Darth Vader, and I doubt there are that many imperial builds that include either of the 5 skill point pilots (for your 2nd build)

for squad 1, you may want to change swarm tactics to expert handling, as after playing I found the range requirement for swarm tactic to be rather difficult to maintain, especially if your opponent is trying to get stuff to block you. Also, you should change the R2 astromech to a R5 astromech and put it on the Ywing to make it less ticklish, or use your remaining 2 points and change it to a R5D8 and stick it onto your Ywing.

for squad 2, you simply do not have enough firepower. I find this to be a rather bad 4 ship squad, honestly.

you might want to try: Luke, Gaven, Biggs, rookie without any upgrades at all (100pts), then depending on your preference, downgrade Garven to a rookie X or gold Y with ionC, then work with the remaining points, like say change Luke for Wedge, throw in an astromech, etcetc

#5 Slamdunk74

Slamdunk74

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

On Thanksgiving, I ran Rebels using:

Wedge with R2D2 and Swarm

Rookie pilot

Rookie Pilot

and Gold Squad Y wing with Ion Cannon.

The dice failed me and I got my ass handed to me.  But it was fun.  I had one rookie pilot get two kills before it was over. I did discover that using a combination of movement patterns, similar to Vietnam era pilots, that I could corral the Ties a bit better but I used this a little too late.  But mover matches to come before our Kessel Run in December.

Mark

#6 Ixamos

Ixamos

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

Slamdunk74 said:

On Thanksgiving, I ran Rebels using:

Wedge with R2D2 and Swarm

Rookie pilot

Rookie Pilot

and Gold Squad Y wing with Ion Cannon.

The dice failed me and I got my ass handed to me.  But it was fun.  I had one rookie pilot get two kills before it was over. I did discover that using a combination of movement patterns, similar to Vietnam era pilots, that I could corral the Ties a bit better but I used this a little too late.  But mover matches to come before our Kessel Run in December.

Mark

Your squad build is the same build as used by the runner-up in the recently FFG Worlds Championship Weekend

#7 chris cook

chris cook

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Could you explain your flying tactics in more detail vs swarms?  Do u spread ships out and then converge?

Thanks,

chris

#8 Ixamos

Ixamos

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

chris cook said:

Could you explain your flying tactics in more detail vs swarms?  Do u spread ships out and then converge?

Thanks,

chris

Well if im running Wedge with Swarm Tactics, most of the time my X-Wings will stay in formation with my Y-Wing closely behind.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS