Jump to content



Photo

Operation Hades Missions?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

    Member

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

So, for you folks with Operation Hades, how are the missions?

 

FFG made a big deal about the new underground rules when promoting the set, so I'm curious as to how they affect the missions.  For example, are there a lot of infantry-only missions?

 

Also, how big are the missions, points-wise?  250-350 on 3X4 tile grids?  Or are they continuing to make things bigger?



#2 mgentile7

mgentile7

    Member

  • Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Kriegschatten said:

So, for you folks with Operation Hades, how are the missions?

 

FFG made a big deal about the new underground rules when promoting the set, so I'm curious as to how they affect the missions.  For example, are there a lot of infantry-only missions?

 

Also, how big are the missions, points-wise?  250-350 on 3X4 tile grids?  Or are they continuing to make things bigger?

Im not that impressed with the underground rules. I was hoping for something a little more in tune to being in total darkness at close range not how its currently set up. However i did go with a custom table so thats been very cool to play on.



#3 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

    Member

  • Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

 On the other hand, I love the missions and think they capture the feel of dark underground combat really well.  I also like how a lot of the missions are linked between underground and surface combat.  It's definitely the best set of missions they've developed in my opinion.



#4 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

    Member

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Thanks for the replies!  (And cool looking terrain!)

 

Are there any "weird" missions in Hades?  Like in SeeLowe they had missions which were infantry-only or armor-only, as well as that really weird one which required something like one command squad and two heroes.



#5 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

    Member

  • Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

Kriegschatten said:

Thanks for the replies!  (And cool looking terrain!)

 

Are there any "weird" missions in Hades?  Like in SeeLowe they had missions which were infantry-only or armor-only, as well as that really weird one which required something like one command squad and two heroes.

well you can't take vehicles underground.  Other than that, I can't remember anything else weird



#6 mgentile7

mgentile7

    Member

  • Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Kriegschatten said:

Thanks for the replies!  (And cool looking terrain!)

 

Are there any "weird" missions in Hades?  Like in SeeLowe they had missions which were infantry-only or armor-only, as well as that really weird one which required something like one command squad and two heroes.

This may not be weird but the random zombies showing in some missions is a very nice touch.



#7 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

    Member

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

mgentile7 said:

This may not be weird but the random zombies showing in some missions is a very nice touch.

 

Random zombies?  desconfiado

 

Tell me more!

 

Do you need multiple Axis zombie squads to play through the missions?



#8 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

    Member

  • Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Kriegschatten said:

mgentile7 said:

 

This may not be weird but the random zombies showing in some missions is a very nice touch.

 

 

 

Random zombies?  desconfiado

 

Tell me more!

 

Do you need multiple Axis zombie squads to play through the missions?

no, they give you the profile as a random attack roll.  It's part of the last mission which is an infiltration under the monastery mission.  The attacker has the possibility of finding a random zombie pack.



#9 Wolfscout

Wolfscout

    Member

  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Overall I think the set is great. Some missions require 2+ boards though so if you have the space its alot of fun. As far as points go, some missions are 250 - 300 and the previously mentioned "Monestary" mission is 600 vs 800 pts. All really great though






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS