• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deak

Deak

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

… Hey there,

we were trying our first game of BSG yesterday (basis game) and it went very smoothly till the end. But we were not sure if we handled "the end" correct.

The Humans were at distance 8 and at -3 pop jump preperation step for the winning jump. The resource were pretty thin, with only 2 pop left the human player didnt want to risk an early jump, as the chance for losing 3 pop is pretty high. So he decided against it, played his turn as normal with the crisis card. The humans beat the crisis and were now on the -1 pop jump prep step. So pretty close to an actual victory.

But then it was the revealed cylon player's turn. He decided to move to Caprica and draw 2 crisis cards, he chose a crisis card with either a skill check or an "or" option. The card was also reading "The current player decides". As we were checking the rule book the cylon player is allowed to chose the "or" part on the crisis card. The bad thing was, this "or" part had an auto -1 to Morale and the Morale of the fleet was at 1 at this point. So with the "or" part being chosen the Morale was set to 0 and thus resulting in the cylon victory :(

My question is, did we handle this the correct way? I think so yes as page 20 states that " a choice for the current player, that player makes the decision". We had an heated arguement as it was really a close one… :)

But it was really fun anyway, even if i was on the losing side in the end :) 

#2 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Welcome Deak.

Well first off, congratulations to your team for getting so close to a human victory on the first game; that's something of a rarity and the general consensus is that human victories don't tend to approach parity until the playgroup gets good. So the close game speaks pretty well for your group. (It's possible for poor cylon play to keep humans in it of course, but people will generally give your group credit on these boards for the humans keeping it close.)

Anyway, the bad news for the human side of your group this time is that you played it right. The cylons do indeed get to make the choice on "Current Player Chooses" crises. So in the situation you describe, there was truly nothing you could do. Except shuffle up and play again, I mean. That's always a good option.

Happy gaming!

#3 Deak

Deak

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

ahh thanks for the answer, too bad we played it right. i think it was so close because the cylon player didn't reveal himself until he was in the brig.

Guess it's time for some revenge then (cept i am the cylon next time) :D

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS