• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Randal

Randal

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Hi,

I was wondering what test is required if my group of pcs wishes to corrupt a whole group of npcs (numbering in the thousands)?  I didn't notice anything about this in the rule book.  I imagine this should be a function of the size of the group and the time they have to corrupt them.  Also I imagine some disposition modifier. 

Also, what if the individuals are already following one deity and the pcs are trying to convert them to another how should I handle the rewards or punishments since they have pissed off one chaos god while bringing glory to another.  

Lastly, how do I handle it if the pcs are currently unaligned?  So they want to corrupt the population to a chaos god but they are currently unaligned.  Seems like they should get some negative modifier.

I'm a little disappointed that this type of thing is overlooked in the rule book since it seems pretty important when gathering resources to conduct a black crusade.

thanks.

#2 PrinceOfMadness

PrinceOfMadness

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Honestly, I feel that's the sort of situation better handled with roleplaying than with dice rolls.  That being said, if you absolutely want to use dice rolls, it would probably be a Charm, Deceive, or Intimidate roll (depending on who's doing the talking), modified negatively by things like target's disposition, affiliations, and numbers, and modified positively by advances such as Demagogue, Air of Authority, etc.

#3 Dramacydle

Dramacydle

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

I would give the Apostate of the group this special chance at corrupting them. If he is of high enough rank, maybe he has Air of Authority, Inspire Wrath and the Master Orator Talents. If not maybe a decision to give the talent would allow for a mechanical chance at this role play session of influencing whole numbers of people. I'm in a similar situation right now and I play an Apostate in a BC game in which we are on a Dark Eldar planet within an arena. I am an Apostate of Khorne who witnesses a Chosen Space Marine of Khorne in match play. We role play a scene together I basically turn Sith on him and release him on the crowd using Inspire Wrath and Air of Authority. Maybe this will help.

#4 Grimsson

Grimsson

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Well the vast majority of Imperial citizens are what hipsters would refer to as 'sheeple'. So if I were the PCs I'd attempt to simply sway the leaders of the mob - it seems easier.

I read a Last Chancers novel where it was IG vs IG. Both sides had been convinced the other were rebels and traitors and the main character (Kane I think, it has been years), began to question if he was even fighting for the Imperium. Guardsman only fight traitors because they told their enemy is traitors. So it stands to reason the traitorous commanding officers could simply tell their men that they were loyalists and the truly loyal would be the traitors.

I hope this helps.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS