Multiplayer deck help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 helmsdeep88

helmsdeep88

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

So, I've been poking around on these forums and have seen plenty of helps for solo deck building.  However, I had some questions about multiplayer deck building and the challenges that accompany that.

I own the Core, the Hunt for Gollum cycle, and just got Khazad-Dum.  I have never been able to beat any quest except for Passage through Mirkwood (mainly because I'm just pretty terrible at the game).  But my friend and I have been trying to build some two player decks with my set of cards.  Is it possible to make decent decks that complement each other with just one set of what I have?  Or would we have to obtain a second set in order to duplicate some of the cards?

I have been on cardgamedb.com looking for coop decks but have found very few of them.  Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 jjeagle

jjeagle

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Looking back to last year when the card pool consisted solely of the core set + Hunt, I definitely had a pair of two player 50-card decks that routinely beat all the core quests, Hunt for Gollum (and Massing at Osgiliath for that matter).

The heroes were Aragorn, Theodred, Beravor + Legolas, Gimli, Eowyn.

The BIG caveat is that I was working from three core sets, whereas it sounds like you only have one.

I could post the decklists if you like, but they may not be very helpful as a result.

"I have no help to send, therefore I must go myself."

#3 AjiTae

AjiTae

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

You definitely have a good basis for dwarven synergy so I'd say one deck with Dain, Bifur and Gloin.The other deck should probably be something like Eowyn, Legolas and Frodo.

The Gloin/Bifur combo works well to get a lot of resources and Bifur should quickly be able to get a Self Preservation in for Gloin and many Lore allies. Dain obviously buffs all the dwarves and he can take a beating. This deck needs a few rounds to get really powerful but it will be.

Eowyn quests, especially important at the beginning cause the dwarven deck is rather week on that until it gets several allies in. Legolas is crucial to get rid of the early enemies and he contributes to the progress of the quest. And Frodo absorbs big damage, which also means that this second deck is in charge of threat reduction (Gandalf and Galadhrim's Greeting) and some healing support for the dwarves (most of all Gloin).

#4 jjeagle

jjeagle

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Oops, I misread the original post. I was thinking "core + Hunt", not "core plus Hunt cycle = Shadows of Mirkwood". So ignore my post.

I agree, Dwarves would be a good way to go with this card pool.

"I have no help to send, therefore I must go myself."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS