New player rules question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BledsoeBane

BledsoeBane

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

At times when the rulebook reads things like, you receive a -30 penalty to blocking a projectile while using a shield, but you receive no penalty if you are a master;

A master of what? Which specific skill, needs to be over 200 to attain mastery of shields, assuming this is the reference?

I also wonder about this with a specific weapon. Does a secondary ability have to be taken that pertains to your main weapon, or unarmed if that is your choice? Because there are references to mastery with a weapon as well, and I wonder which skill this refers to.

I appreciate the time and help!

#2 VoidCabbage

VoidCabbage

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Mastery of Block or Dodge (aka, 200+ in that specific ability) to be completely rid of penalties from projectiles.

The first weapon your character knows they do not need to pay dp for. This is why the first martial art you learn, if you have not learned how to use a weapon, can be bought at a reduced cost.

#3 BledsoeBane

BledsoeBane

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

That solves it! Thank you very much for taking the time to respond!

#4 VoidCabbage

VoidCabbage

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

No problem. Also note that there is another Anima forum here cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB/. It gets a lot more traffic than this forum but I like to keep an eye on both.

#5 Arikail

Arikail

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

VoidCabbage said:

No problem. Also note that there is another Anima forum here cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB/. It gets a lot more traffic than this forum but I like to keep an eye on both.

I see someone is following in my footsteps. Keeping an eye on both is most helpful so far. Elric has posted some great stuff up here that isn't on the other forum, even though that one does get more traffic, it seems.

As for the original question, Void hit it spot on. Also, welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay. Feel free to ask any questions you'd like, we're happy to help. :)

#6 Beadle

Beadle

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

Arikail said:

VoidCabbage said:

I see someone is following in my footsteps. Keeping an eye on both is most helpful so far. Elric has posted some great stuff up here that isn't on the other forum, even though that one does get more traffic, it seems.

Yeah, I'm on both, albeit with a different name over there (for no particular reason - random whim).

The other forum definitely gets more traffic, but this one has a lot of good stuff as well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS