Mathlete

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tam

Tam

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

John Bruno is the classiest, nicest human being ever. Now a two-time GOT World joust champion?

Congrats, John. I think you've proved that good players can play just about any deck well. 

#2 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

I would have to agree. I think that the deck was brilliant. And, although I don't know him personally, I think that Bruno typifies the reason that the LCG scene is such a great community; even though many of us enjoy the rush of competition, most of us are also gracious losers, and the matches are fun, win or lose. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#3 Twn2dn

Twn2dn

• Members
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

After quite a bit of play testing, I strongly suspect my Targ maesters build is at least somewhat inferior to Bruno's KotHH build. I think the restriction to TMP, and the inability to play Search and Detained specifically, puts maesters solidly after KotHH. That said, I made a few tweaks to my build, and will give Targ maesters one final run at the NYC Red Saturday event tomorrow before I retire them (at least for awhile). 

Hats off to Bruno for a very creative build. I fully expect his version to remain the dominant Targ archetype for the next few months (in some former another). And it's always great to see Targ perform so well at a major event.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS