Kessel run Empire list

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joewrightgm

joewrightgm

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

So I'm going to be taking part in the Kessel run event and I came up with the following list:

darth vader w/ either squad leader or swarm tactics

backstabber 

mauler mithel

3 x academy pilots

100 PTs exactly.  My main question is what trait to choose for vader? Both are 2 PTs and useful.

thoughts?

#2 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

Me personally, and without a lot of experience, would go with Swarm Tactics. Letting Vader set someone up to go when he goes and double tap an opponent. There are more experienced players on this forum and I'm sure you'll get the right answer.

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#3 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Swarm tactics will come in handy allot more then squad leader. you want to keep darth vader focused and evade for defensive porposes. though there are many ways squad leader will come in handy, but shooting before you die is ussually important then weakening your main guy to streagnthen his minion… Your list includes a great team so if you go against another tie team, you wont be at a disadvantage due to dice

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#4 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

I'm taking:

eight TIE Fighters with four Academy Pilots and four Obsidian pilots

I've just seen sniper Wedge blast TIEs to scrap instantly too often to pay too much on a unique pilot  

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters

23 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 69 kills versus 46 losses

#5 joewrightgm

joewrightgm

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Stormtrooper721 said:

I'm taking:

eight TIE Fighters with four Academy Pilots and four Obsidian pilots

I've just seen sniper Wedge blast TIEs to scrap instantly too often to pay too much on a unique pilot  

ewww . . . Glad you're not in my area!  This will be my first tournament ever so I'm hoping that most people will be as noobish as I am; I really want a TIE Interceptor!

So Swarm Tactics is the order of the day it seems.  I'll let the community know how well (Read: Poorly) I did at the tournament and what I learned.

#6 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Swarm Tactics, yo. The rest of your build is pretty aggressive, and Swarm Tactics will help you be more aggressive. A more aggressive build does mean Vader will probably need both of his actions more often. If you were playing a more versatile(read conservative) build, Squad Leader might have been a better choice.

#7 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

If you have a really good plan for Squad Leader, take it. If not, Swarm Tactics is never a bad choice because you don't have to spend your action to use it. I went on a Vader + Squad Leader kick for a while, but it just never turned out. I could probably get it right if I practiced more.

The best use for Squad Leader, in my opinion, is granting a focus (or Marksmanship) action to "Mauler" Mithel at range 1, and take Evade with Vader's other action.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS