Jump to content



Photo

Is there any chance of getting the minis of Descent 1?


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Varikas

Varikas

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

 I mean, does FFG plan to sell the minis in packs or something like that?



#2 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

    Member

  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

 Not likely, but they are having the promotional Runebound/Descent figures on sale right now for $5 each.

Your best bet is to check on eBay, though the prices might get a little high.



#3 Varikas

Varikas

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for answer! 

What figures do you mean? and where can I buy them? 



#4 spalanzani

spalanzani

    Member

  • Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

There were four promotional figures produced for the Realms of Terrinoth event in, what, 2009? 2010? Something like that. Anyway, there were four heroes produced with stat cards for Descent and Runebound, and also Runewars later. They tend to go for exorbitant prices on ebay (I've paid €28 for a Truthseer Kel from a German guy, so German cards but the mini is universal). 

Truthseer Kel

Tobin Farslayer

Jonas the Kind

Nara the Fang

Nara is currently sold out, but the others are still available. Kel tends to be the rarest, incidentally. 


All art is quite useless


#5 Varikas

Varikas

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

 so there are cards to play with them in runewars and with Descent 2º edition? and I cant get them and the figures for 5 dolars?

And someone knows how much cost the sending?

PD: sorry for my english 



#6 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

    Member

  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Varikas said:

 so there are cards to play with them in runewars and with Descent 2º edition? and I cant get them and the figures for 5 dolars?

And someone knows how much cost the sending?

PD: sorry for my english 

Shipping depends on your location. I live in the US and shipping for a figure (I only bought Truthseeker Kel so far, though I intend to buy more if they don't sell out too quickly) is around $4. 



#7 Varikas

Varikas

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

there is international shipping?….xD I am from Spain so…



#8 Varikas

Varikas

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

 ok I saw that I can buy it with 8 dolars of shipping…but in the box I have cards for Runewars and Descent 2º edition? or only 1º edition? and in the picks I dont see runewars cards…



#9 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

    Member

  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

 I think it only comes with the first edition Descent card and the Runebound card. Not sure about Runewars… and the second edition Descent card is only available through the Conversion Kit.



#10 Varikas

Varikas

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

 oh sure! Descent 2 cards are in the kit…but what about Runewars cards?  spalanzani said that they produced runewars cards later so…will I get them if I buy that heroes now?



#11 Sausageman

Sausageman

    Member

  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Varikas said:

 oh sure! Descent 2 cards are in the kit…but what about Runewars cards?  spalanzani said that they produced runewars cards later so…will I get them if I buy that heroes now?

I don't know of any Runewars cards for these figures.  When I bought them ages ago, they came with a Runebound card and a 1st ed Decent card.  I upgraded to 2nd edition Decent and bought the conversion kit, so I'm sorted for that, but as for Runewars, that remains sadly unloved.

That said, maybe the 2nd edition of that will fix that too…



#12 rugal

rugal

    Member

  • Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

Spain ?

but EDGE sell them

right here : http://www.edgeent.c....asp?etidi=1935

France is nearer than USA



#13 AnimalKDR

AnimalKDR

    Member

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

 aside from the minis, is there a list somewhere of the actual monster figure sizes for the conversion kit.  I have most of the 1e monster figures, but missing a few. I'd like to use all of the monster cards, I've got plenty of figs to sub in, but it'd be nice to know the right size mini to sub



#14 Robin

Robin

    Member

  • Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

 A file with the monsters' size is available in the files folder of boardgamegeek.


An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#15 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

    Member

  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

 There's also the Descent 2nd edition Wiki.



#16 spalanzani

spalanzani

    Member

  • Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Varikas said:

 oh sure! Descent 2 cards are in the kit…but what about Runewars cards?  spalanzani said that they produced runewars cards later so…will I get them if I buy that heroes now?

Sorry for not replying sooner! From what I've read somewhere online (possibly over at BGG), the first time the figures were available it was with cards for Runewars, Descent (1st ed) and Runebound, though that seems to have been a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and they haven't seen the light of day since. When the promo figures took off in popularity and were made available since, it was only ever with the cards for Descent and Runebound. There are scans of the Runewars cards for each hero here, here, here and here. These are in English though, sorry, not sure where you'd find any Spanish versions.


All art is quite useless


#17 Steve-O

Steve-O

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

spalanzani said:

Sorry for not replying sooner! From what I've read somewhere online (possibly over at BGG), the first time the figures were available it was with cards for Runewars, Descent (1st ed) and Runebound, though that seems to have been a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and they haven't seen the light of day since. When the promo figures took off in popularity and were made available since, it was only ever with the cards for Descent and Runebound. There are scans of the Runewars cards for each hero here, here, here and here. These are in English though, sorry, not sure where you'd find any Spanish versions.

Technically, they were released in Europe first (by some local distributor) and then brought back across the pond by FFG.  I have no idea what games/languages were involved in the European release, or if any more recent "waves" have been thrown out after the first.

The first time the promo figs were available (in English), it was only with Runebound and D1E hero cards, because Runewars hadn't been published yet.  I bought them in the first round, so I don't have any RW cards.

There was a convention or something where they were later offered with Runewars hero cards too, since it was shortly after the publication of that game.  I didn't attend so I can't really attest to that.  I also can't speak to the hero cards provided in more recent sales/events since I'm obviously not looking to buy them again. =P

Dropping the RW cards again seems a bit dickish to me, but maybe they have their reasons (perhaps they didn't want to promote the idea that more heroes would be coming out for RW.)  I would expect that they will stop providing the D1E hero cards now that 2E is out.  Whether or not they begin offering the D2E cards is harder to say, since the CK has them and is not a limited edition product…



#18 spalanzani

spalanzani

    Member

  • Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

Steve-O said:

There was a convention or something where they were later offered with Runewars hero cards too, since it was shortly after the publication of that game.  I didn't attend so I can't really attest to that.  I also can't speak to the hero cards provided in more recent sales/events since I'm obviously not looking to buy them again. =P

Ah, that would be the Realms of Terrinoth 2010 - I hadn't realised they were available before that, so thought the Runewars cards came in the first wave of the promos. How long have they been out there, then? I can't believe I hadn't come across them sooner!!


All art is quite useless


#19 Steve-O

Steve-O

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

spalanzani said:

Ah, that would be the Realms of Terrinoth 2010 - I hadn't realised they were available before that, so thought the Runewars cards came in the first wave of the promos. How long have they been out there, then? I can't believe I hadn't come across them sooner!!

I don't remember exactly, but it was before Runewars (January 2010) at any rate.  So, maybe sometime in 2009 was the European release and then the first North American run was around Christmas 2009?  Something like that.

If memory serves, Realms 2010 was around April, so you weren't that far off.



#20 Varikas

Varikas

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

Thank you SO much for all the answers, I will continue looking for spanish runewars hero cards and minis of Descent 1 complice






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS