Pilot: Rookie Pilot 2
X-Wing
Upgrades:
R2 Astromech

Pilot: Rookie Pilot 3
X-Wing
Upgrades:
R2 Astromech

I would run a pair of the Rookies together as the first wave and have Dutch and the other Rookie as follow up.  After they get in the furball, Have the Rookies make strafing runs  while Dutch circles the outside firing the ion cannon and giving target locks.

Comments?  Suggestions?

#2 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Looks fairly solid, Might want to upgrade one or two of the rookies droids just to get a tad more bang for your buck but otherwise a decent "rebel swarm" build.

#3 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

Vonpenguin said:

Looks fairly solid, Might want to upgrade one or two of the rookies droids just to get a tad more bang for your buck but otherwise a decent "rebel swarm" build.

Why?  The generic R2 is the best droid for those pilots, and most other pilots to be honest.

#4 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

I think Dutch with R2D2 is a great idea.  Dutch is the best Y-wing pilot IMO.  and Y-wings are hard to kill in a single turn so R2D2 should have time to recharge your shields.  Rookie X-wings aren't bad.  Either they cut into the Imperial number advantage, or if the Imps rely on academy pilots then they out skill them.

I think this is a solid list.  Tell us how it does.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#5 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

Personally I don't collect many stress tokens anyway so I've generally found the extra agility droid or somesuch to give a little more bang. Not the most experienced player though so I'll bow to other's wisdom.

#6 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Vonpenguin said:

Personally I don't collect many stress tokens anyway so I've generally found the extra agility droid or somesuch to give a little more bang. Not the most experienced player though so I'll bow to other's wisdom.

Actually you're both correct, depending on the situation. I would definitely consider R2-F2 on one ship unless all three X-wings are going to be flying in tight formation and doing a lot of K-turns. The extra green actions do add some unpredictability to the squad, but the extra agility die can be really handy if there is no other reasonable action to take.

#7 Fenrission

Fenrission

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

Had a chance to run the list yesterday and had good success with it.  Dutch's wing man broke off after the first pass and engaged.  Need more time with it but I think it is a good start.

#8 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

It seems heavily reliant on Ditch's(Yeah, I spelled it that way on purpose) ability to divvy out TLs.  Personally, I think Dutch is best used in a Proton Alpha Strike, and there aren't any torpedoes in this list.  That being said, Dutch has the best Pilot Ability for helping the rookies become a little more competitive.  If you could fit Swarm in there, it'd be a solid list, but you'd have to bring Wedge or Luke, and that changes your whole dynamic.  So, basically, a no frills list that grants a little added firepower if you stick to your formation.  I've always found that R2D2 on a Y-Wing was a bit much, as annoying to your opponent as it can be.  I think as a general rule, if it has 4 or more Hull Points, you want an R5 Astromech.  Your shields aren't going to be much fun if you get slapped with a critical you can't shake.  

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS