two questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pcjames

pcjames

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

1. is the shadow card is considered in play? for examlpe,while the hunters from mordor attacking,the shadow card revealed is signs of gollum,whether the ATK of the enemy is raised.
2.in the following situation:Eomund with one damage on it commits to a quest then reveal Sleeping Sentry. I doubt if I can trigger the ability of Eomund after the treachery resolved to ready other Rohan characters.I notice the text of the Sleeping Sentry is” When Revealed: Deal 1 damage to each exhausted character. Then, exhaust all ready characters.There is a “then” between the two effects.I wonder whether the first effect should be resolved,in that case the ability of Eomund would be useless
Ps: Sleeping Sentry is relly a disaster,the shadow effect is even worse

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Moby the Goldfish

• Members
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

pcjames said:

1. is the shadow card is considered in play? for examlpe,while the hunters from mordor attacking,the shadow card revealed is signs of gollum,whether the ATK of the enemy is raised.
2.in the following situation:Eomund with one damage on it commits to a quest then reveal Sleeping Sentry. I doubt if I can trigger the ability of Eomund after the treachery resolved to ready other Rohan characters.I notice the text of the Sleeping Sentry is” When Revealed: Deal 1 damage to each exhausted character. Then, exhaust all ready characters.There is a “then” between the two effects.I wonder whether the first effect should be resolved,in that case the ability of Eomund would be useless
Ps: Sleeping Sentry is relly a disaster,the shadow effect is even worse

when shadow cards are resolved only the bottom part of the card is treated as the card at that time

as a clue card has no shadow effect then when it is drawn as a shadow card i do not believe it counts as a clue card 'in play'

as for the second one i would say that the ability does work as its a response however the latter part of sentry would make it useless

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Shadow cards only count as shadow card. 

Eomund could trigger but who would he ready……all other exhausted characters did die along with him.

#4 jjeagle

jjeagle

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Regarding question 1, I think I agree with Rich and with muemakan.

It is clear that no part of a shadow card's text is operative, apart from the "Shadow:" effect.

I also think that a face-up shadow card _is_ considered to be "in play" (as p.20 of the rules refers to "shadow cards leaving play").

However, if you treat Signs of Gollum as having blank text when it is a Shadow card, then it doesn't have the "clue" trait and therefore won't boost Hunters from Mordor.

"I have no help to send, therefore I must go myself."

#5 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

As I responded in the same topic on the general forum, I am in doubt if the situation described in 2 is a situation of effects resolving at the same time.

CJMatos said:

pcjames said:

I'm in doubt on this case, because i don't know if the "then…" should be resolved first or after the response of Eomund. Or even if they are "doable" at the same time and in that case if the first playre decides which to resolve first.

If this was the case then Eomund's response would be great… But, as i said, i'm in doubt about this one…

If it is, then you could have all rohan characters that survive the Sleeping Sentry effect ready…

Carlos José Matos

#6 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

muemakan said:

Shadow cards only count as shadow card. 

Eomund could trigger but who would he ready……all other exhausted characters did die along with him.

oh, never mind my post……..I was thinking of SS shadow effect.

#7 pcjames

pcjames

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

thank you all guys

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS