Raven Evolved for iPad -- Update

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Tam

Tam

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

I just had my first fully successful online game with Justin yesterday. He crushed me with the Core Targaryen deck. I was using the Core Baratheon deck. At least I dressed Daenarys in Motley before going down in flames.

I just wanted to update all of you that the Beta is going well. I'm working things out with FFG in terms of how I can release it in the Apple App store, but we're not quite there yet. For sure the game will be Free, though. FFG will also not, of course, support it, and I'll include the appropriate trademarks and such.

For now, the Beta is still open to new players if you have an iPad. Join us if you do. You can sign up for the beta here:

tflig.ht/10wfI5a

We can still add up to another 40 people or so. The install only works on iPad, and only on iPads that have registered for the Beta. Once you register and add your iPad serial number, I will update my distribution provisioning profile with Apple. At that point you'll receive an email to install TestFlight and Raven Evolved for iPad. You'll need to open that email on your ipad. That's all there is to it.

Thank you, FFG, for this game and for considering allowing me to release this free App to play GOT on the iPad. For any FFG employee reading this, you guys are more than welcome to join the beta, too, and see exactly what I've built.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

will this always be iPad only ? I have an iPhone and an iPod Touch but no iPad.

#3 Tam

Tam

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

I have done some preliminary work in creating the interface for iPhone/iPod Touch, using the exact same code, but it is so dang small it's almost impossible to read. I do plan to continue working on it, though. It will actually load on iPhone right now as it is, but you can't do anything with it yet since I haven't connected all the dots.

#4 Rehlow

Rehlow

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Any possibility for an Android build at some point?

#5 Tam

Tam

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

I don't currently own an Android tablet. I've looked at the development environment for Android and I'm sure I could port it, but I currently don't have any plans to do so.

I also don't have a Windows Surface, nor the development environment for it.

Ideally, if time permitted, I would build Raven Evolved for all three platforms and allow them all to connect through a single Rookery server. We could then play across platforms. You could use your Surface and I could use my iPad or my Kindle Fire.

I am actually playing Raven Evolved between my iPad and a Windows machine right now. The Windows (Windows 7 only now) version of Raven Evolved does work through the Rookery server we're using right now for iPad, and it may not be a big deal to port that to Windows 8. That would likely be my first cross-platform attempt before looking more closely at Android.

#6 DubiousYak

DubiousYak

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Hey is there a forum or defect tracking system or something Ismailia for this?  I downloaded it last week and have some feedback and observations, and was wondering the proper channel or it.

#7 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

High time to grab an iPad this Christmas.

#8 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

I followed the link and signed up, but I was never prompted for my serial number.  I did connect my device through the settings app though…

Tam said:

I just had my first fully successful online game with Justin yesterday. He crushed me with the Core Targaryen deck. I was using the Core Baratheon deck. At least I dressed Daenarys in Motley before going down in flames.

I just wanted to update all of you that the Beta is going well. I'm working things out with FFG in terms of how I can release it in the Apple App store, but we're not quite there yet. For sure the game will be Free, though. FFG will also not, of course, support it, and I'll include the appropriate trademarks and such.

For now, the Beta is still open to new players if you have an iPad. Join us if you do. You can sign up for the beta here:

tflig.ht/10wfI5a

We can still add up to another 40 people or so. The install only works on iPad, and only on iPads that have registered for the Beta. Once you register and add your iPad serial number, I will update my distribution provisioning profile with Apple. At that point you'll receive an email to install TestFlight and Raven Evolved for iPad. You'll need to open that email on your ipad. That's all there is to it.

Thank you, FFG, for this game and for considering allowing me to release this free App to play GOT on the iPad. For any FFG employee reading this, you guys are more than welcome to join the beta, too, and see exactly what I've built.

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#9 Tam

Tam

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

Vaapad…

I received your registration and your iPad serial number. I'm adding you and one other to my provisioning profile with Apple. Once I apply that to the build currently up on TestFlightApp.com, you'll receive an email allowing you to download it. I should have that done in the next 20 minutes or so.

#10 Tam

Tam

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

Dubious,

You can leave feedback at TestFlightapp.com. Let me know if you're not able to find the link for it. Once you've logged in and are in the Raven Evolved area, you should see it there.

#11 papalorax

papalorax

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

can i only post comment on testflightapp from the ipad? that's super annoying.

#12 Tam

Tam

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

You  can login to TestFlightApp.com on any computer to leave feedback, or, even easier and better for me, email your feedback to this email address:

5dea8704c16830b94f2ab8fe696db652_ijkustcefuztcmrqge4di@n.testflightapp.com

That will post it in the Feedback area of TestFlightApp.com and I'll be able to respond to it there.

#13 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

Got the email, thanks.  Will set it up later today!

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#14 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

I haven't been able to install the app - tried a few times but each time I get an error message that th installation could not be completed.  Any suggestions?

#15 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

I've been fooling around with the app but have yet to play a game - anyone have time for one now/this evening?

#16 DarkJodo

DarkJodo

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

I've been on and off tonight. D you have decks built or using the core decks?

#17 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

I have 2 decks built

#18 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

The rookery seems to be having connectivity issues.  I'm going to call it quits for tonight.

#19 Tam

Tam

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

The Rookery is running on one of my Macbook Air machines with Windows 7 Boot-Camped. I've resolved the power setting issues and it's been up quite regularly. I'm hostage to my ISP (Comcast), which has been problematic at times.

The Rookery is actually a .NET app, the exact same server code I wrote for Raven Evolved before GOT became an LCG.

I'm more than willing to give The Rookery to anyone who wants it. It's a single EXE, very small, and runs on Windows machines running .NET 4. 

With my latest release of Raven Evolved for iPad (yesterday), searching for cards is much easier in the Deck Builder. I'm building a few decks outside the Core ones and I look forward to seeing some of you in The Rookery soon.

#20 Staton

Staton

• Members
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Tam! Glad to hear everything is going well. Is there anyway I could get the windows version of this? Or are you only doing beta for ipad version?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS