UN-NAMED

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 COCLCG

COCLCG

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Last deck that I was working on. Unfinished ( had to weed out some Uniques I think but the few times I played it there wasn't a huge problem as some are Twilight Gate resource candidates and others you can sacrifice if the Temple is about to make way for the second copy ).

3 x Degenerate Serpent Cultist
3 x Brood of Yig
3 x Faceless Abductor
3 x Blood Magician
2 x The Carpathian
3 x Many-angled Thing
3 x Laboring Gug
3 x Dreamlands Fanatic
2 x Carl Stanford
3 x Stalking Hound
2 x Uroborus, Fang of Yig
3 x Hideous Guardian
2 x Puj-Dunk, Gug Chieftain

3 x Twilight Gate
2 x Feeding Frenzy
3 x Deep One Assault

3 x Khopesh of the Abyss
2 x Temple of R'lyeh, Frozen in Time
2 x Y'ha-nthlei Statue

NOTES:

Blood Magician for threatening Laboring Gug / Hideous Guardian terror icons or Investgation icons.

Carpathian for reacting to the sacrificing and searching for Khopesh's.

Y'ha-nthlei statue to maximise sacrificing targets ( no weenies ).

Puj-Dunk / Laboring Gug / Hideous Guardian for possible Twilight Gate / Khopesh play.

Free Characters !! Stalking Hound / Dreamlands Fanatic / Uroborus / possible Laboring Gug.

#2 COCLCG

COCLCG

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Please note that this deck is far from finished. It was going to be a slap together replacement Nationals deck if I could fine tune it to be playable but realistically I cannot attend ( either that or the motorbike rego ). It was very likely that I'd be cutting it back to 33 Characters to fit in 2 x Pulled From the Beyond. This has several uses for this deck.

1 ) To my sometimes flawed understanding, it could be used to pull an opponents Character out of discard to activate the Stalking Hounds. A nice little surprise in their story phase to be committed and then facing one of their own and a Hound or 2.

2 ) If the Temple is in place and there is a Serpent Cultist in the discard it could be used for a cheap 1 cost sacrifice card.

3 ) Hideous Guardian ( or the like ) from discard for a Khopesh phase.

#3 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

COCLCG said:

1 ) To my sometimes flawed understanding, it could be used to pull an opponents Character out of discard to activate the Stalking Hounds. A nice little surprise in their story phase to be committed and then facing one of their own and a Hound or 2.
This doesn't work. Mischraum had a similar idea a while ago: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

#4 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Gug/Kopesh decks can be rough to play against.  The look of horror on your opponents face when you drop a Kopesh on a Hideous Guardian is worth it. 

#5 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

COCLCG, I used this exact deck last night to test out it plays.  It is pretty brutal once it gets rolling.  

A couple issues I had:  my opponent played a Flux Stabilizer and 70 Steps on turn one.  Gulp.  It really slowed the deck down and almost lost.  However I managed to creep back with a kopesh on a guardian and eventually won.  Also, I ended up resourcing Feeding Frenzy a lot.  I never seemed like I needed it since I was killing everything with kopesh and the temple.  

Pretty fun deck, the Carpathian worked really well digging out kopesh.

#6 COCLCG

COCLCG

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

Nice. Thanks. Seeing as its not really completed that's portentious. Now that I know Pulled From the Beyond doesnt activate the Hounds, perhaps swap them for Constricting Elder Thing to deal with those pesky Supports for a turn to get some breathing space, but, you can't help a nice draw and Flux / Steps on turn 1 would seriously mess with most decks I think. Well done on clawing back from that one !! I only put in Feeding Frenzy as the 3 cost department is severely lacking combat icons so you may find yourself in a situation with none and no Hideous Guardian to take the wounds, but if I was to seriously continue and playtest ( which I'm forcing myself not to ) then it might change, and Sacrificial Offerings would be a good candidate. Thanks again for the time and effort.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS