Dwarven Tomb (Core) x1
Hasty Stroke (Core) x2
Durin's Song (KD) x3
Lure of Moria (RtR) x2
We Are Not Idle (SaF) x3
Feint (Core) x2
Khazad! Khazad! (KD) x3
Daeron's Runes (FoS) x3

I wanted a deck that would include ONLY dwarf allies and cards themed either around dwarves or around nothing in particular, such as Feint.

I use this deck for all the quests, I only remove Ever My Heart Rises if there are no or very few Mountain and Underground locations.

It's not a deck that gets you through a quest very quickly but it makes you feel very safe. You draw a LOT of cards, your characters are heavily buffed by Dain and your threat usually stays around the starting point.

#2 gatharion

gatharion

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

AjiTae said:

Hero (3)
Nori (OHaUH) x1
Ori (OHaUH) x1
Dain Ironfoot (RtM) x1

Ally (22)
Bofur (TRG) x2
Kili (OHaUH) x2
Fili (OHaUH) x2
Longbeard Elder (FoS) x2
Erebor Battle Master (TLD) x2
Veteran Axehand (Core) x3
Erebor Hammersmith (Core) x2
Erebor Record Keeper (KD) x3
Longbeard Map-Maker (CatC) x2
Miner of the Iron Hills (Core) x2

Attachment (23)
Unexpected Courage (Core) x1
Ever My Heart Rises (TLD) x3
Cram (OHaUH) x2
Hardy Leadership (SaF) x3
Narvi's Belt (KD) x3
Dwarrowdelf Axe (KD) x3
Healing Herbs (FoS) x2
Legacy of Durin (TWitW) x1
Self Preservation (Core) x2
Boots from Erebor (KD) x3

Event (21)
A Test of Will (Core) x2
Dwarven Tomb (Core) x1
Hasty Stroke (Core) x2
Durin's Song (KD) x3
Lure of Moria (RtR) x2
We Are Not Idle (SaF) x3
Feint (Core) x2
Khazad! Khazad! (KD) x3
Daeron's Runes (FoS) x3

I wanted a deck that would include ONLY dwarf allies and cards themed either around dwarves or around nothing in particular, such as Feint.

I use this deck for all the quests, I only remove Ever My Heart Rises if there are no or very few Mountain and Underground locations.

It's not a deck that gets you through a quest very quickly but it makes you feel very safe. You draw a LOT of cards, your characters are heavily buffed by Dain and your threat usually stays around the starting point.

I've been working on a solo dwarf deck myself (having successfully done some two-player dwarf decks). However, I don't have the hobbit expansion. So I'm trying Dain, Gimli, and Bifur.

Do you really think that Narvi's Belt is more useful than some Songs?

#3 AjiTae

AjiTae

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

gatharion said:

I've been working on a solo dwarf deck myself (having successfully done some two-player dwarf decks). However, I don't have the hobbit expansion. So I'm trying Dain, Gimli, and Bifur.

Do you really think that Narvi's Belt is more useful than some Songs?

Nah not necessarily. Songs can do a very good job too, i just like the belt because it's very versatile. I haven't actually tried to replace it with songs but i'm sure it works too.

Dain/Gimli/Bifur was actually the combination I used before i got the Hobbit expansion. They make a great team although Gimli isn't so great in my opinion. His threat level is too high for his ability : he doesn't hit as hard as one or two Erebor Battle Masters. But well… I know there isn't that much of a choice in terms of dwarven heroes. Dwalin and Thalin have week abilities, and Gloin can't be used without massive healing power, which the dwarves don't really possess.

Don't you have issues with threat though ? cause that was my main problem when I played those heroes.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS