HoDor + Increased Levy in Setup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DubiousYak

DubiousYak

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

I play house of Dreams with Tunnels of the Red Keep.

During setup I get Increased Levy.  

According to the rules:

You may not place attachments during this step unless they include the “Setup” keyword in their game text; your setup must also include valid targets for such attachments.

Can I attach Increased Levy to my Tunnels of the Red Keep?  My guess is no, unless my setup also includes a location.

So if not, and I get a Goldroad in my setup do I have the option of attatching it to to Tunnels instead of my Goldroad?

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

No. The location from HoD is not part of your setup; you cannot place setup attachments on cards that are not part of setup.

#3 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

This ruling makes me sad.

#4 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

You were hoping to protect your location from a first-turn Search and Detain, I take it?

#5 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

Khudzlin said:

You were hoping to protect your location from a first-turn Search and Detain, I take it?

In addition to that, it would be the best location to add Increased Levy to because then it won't be easily lost to location hate.

#6 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Bomb said:

In addition to that, it would be the best location to add Increased Levy to because then it won't be easily lost to location hate.

With an attachment, effective location hate would be reduced to A City Besieged (preferably helped along with City plot cycling).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS