Star Wars LCG OCTGN Patch Coming Soon!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

Just letting everyone know that soon I'll have the OCTGN game patch ready for download. Heck, I might beat the actual release of the game. =P

For those of you that don't know, OCTGN is a program that allows people to play TCGs/LCGs over the internet.

Sadly, the program has not implemented dual card backs, so I just made one up. =P

I'm pretty decent at OCTGN patch development, so don't think I'll flake out (I did the DBZ patches). It should be available in a week - give or take.

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#2 Entropy42

Entropy42

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Uhh, if you release that before the game is released, I wouldn't be too surprised if FFG takes some action against you.  They are relatively tolerant/supportive of OCTGN, but pre-releasing their game is probably not going to go over well.

#3 AshesFall

AshesFall

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Yeah, releasing that patch before the game is actually out is probably a very bad idea. Once the game is actually released and sold in the stores I think FFG will be very happy to have your community support effort around, as am I! :)

Looking forward to playing the game online with your patch once the game is out in the stores! 

#4 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

I'm honestly surprised that FFG doesn't just release online/PC/iOS versions of their LCGs for a fee. Licensing issues, I guess.

#5 bkirchhoff

bkirchhoff

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

I think you nailed the major reason…

#6 Riuka

Riuka

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hey mate!

Could you provide any info about the status of this?

#7 Wang801

Wang801

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

Yeah I would love to buy any Lcg games they can make online would be easier to find people to play with .

#8 Entropy42

Entropy42

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

From what I know of this, the OP has stopped working on it, but dB0 has picked it up.  He's the guy who made the A:NR OCTGN module, which means this one will also be automated and well-done.

#9 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

I never stopped working on it - dB0 said he could get it done faster. Release should be soon, but we're more waiting on the actual game to come out.

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#10 Entropy42

Entropy42

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

JMCB said:

I never stopped working on it - dB0 said he could get it done faster. Release should be soon, but we're more waiting on the actual game to come out.

My apologies then.  Either way, good to hear its still coming out soon.

#11 Riuka

Riuka

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

Arent's you allowed to release the OCTGN patch prior to official release of the games?

#12 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Riuka said:

Arent's you allowed to release the OCTGN patch prior to official release of the games?

OCTGN is by no means official and exists at the sufferance of FFG. If they wanted to they could shut it down. So the reason people suggested not to do so was so as not to piss off FFG and making them reconsider their allowance by ignoring its existence of OCTGN.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS