upcoming game, list advice wanted

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lonestarv1

lonestarv1

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

hello all have a 100 point game coming up and was looking for some advice on what youd think would be a great list.

#2 Hdnggrnchrg

Hdnggrnchrg

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Rebel, imperial, or both?

How many ships do you have for each side?

Any specific talents or pilots you want in your squad?

What's the meta like in your area, or is it just a game between friends?

Without at least some of these, I can't really suggest much.

#3 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

I hear 5 Y's is worth trying.  You will have the element of surprise.  No one will expect it.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#4 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

R5Don4 said:

I hear 5 Y's is worth trying.  You will have the element of surprise.  No one will expect it.

so is 4 TIEadv with 4 concussion missiles XD

#5 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

R5Don4 said:

R5Don4 said:

Do you have five Y-Wings?

I have never used more than two.  There 2 attack and 1 agility make y-wings really hard to dogfight with.

Are you  planning on giving them Ion-Cannon Turrets.  That increases attack dice to 3 as well as all the other Ion abilities.

I think if you take 5 of the cheapest Y-wings you have enough points left for 2 Ion Cannon Turrets

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#6 Hdnggrnchrg

Hdnggrnchrg

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hrathen said:

R5Don4 said:

R5Don4 said:

Do you have five Y-Wings?

I have never used more than two.  There 2 attack and 1 agility make y-wings really hard to dogfight with.

Are you  planning on giving them Ion-Cannon Turrets.  That increases attack dice to 3 as well as all the other Ion abilities.

I think if you take 5 of the cheapest Y-wings you have enough points left for 2 Ion Cannon Turrets

dude… R5Don4 was joking. Even with the 2 ion cannons, that squad might destroy 1 tie.

#7 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

There is a post I started - List Bashing.

Tons of great lists and builds there.  Rebel only builds, but still might help.

#8 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

one does not simply ask for good builds. build doctoring maybe, but i dun think you should expect us to just give you a working build without any contribution from your end, else we are obliged to give you rubbish like 5 Ywings, 4 TIEadv etc

#9 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

For Imperial, use Maarek Stele and Winged Gundark. Fill out the rest of the team with Storm Squadron TIE Advanced ships and missiles.

For Rebels, use 5 Gray Y-Wings.

#10 Melkor503

Melkor503

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

It is true.

Constructive feedback is so much better when given something, anything, to work with.  Even a "I really like Vader" comment would be helpful.  

#11 atmsalad

atmsalad

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Any squad you are going to use needs some type of synergy. Some point to focus around. If you like rebels, then you need to descide if you are doing 3 buffed ships or 4 ships lacking on the upgrade. Personally I have had more luck with the three build myself, but a lot of people would disagree. Now, if your going imps, there is a lot of options. You can go 5, 6, or even 7 ships in all. I would suggest that if you are new, you go with a 5 ship build, in my opinion, they have much more room for error. If you are more skilled, then move up to 6 ships. In the end you need to figure out which faction you want to run, what two things you want your squad to focus on, and then you need to make it do those things better than anyone else can. That is as cut and dry as I can make my opinion.

#12 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

atmsalad said:

Any squad you are going to use needs some type of synergy.

This is something I notice ALLOT of people forget. Ive seen people throw a slightly armed armored tank who does dps, and an armed  unarmored dps that tanks…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS