• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 EvilAmarant7x

EvilAmarant7x

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Pulled from the AH wiki, his Hero ability states:

Mythos: Before a mythos card is drawn, Tommy may cause one or more monsters that are adjacent to his location to move to his location, regardless of their normal movement.

Can Tommy use this ability to move less than every adjacent monster? For example, to pull only one Dark Young out of two that are on a location? For some reason this use of the ability never occurred to me. I always assumed he pulled every single adjacent monster

#2 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

It appears by the wording that the whomever is playing Tommy can make the decision to draw some, none, or all to his location.  It is not apparent, from reading it (and I work with linguists) that it's simply a binary response. 

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#3 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

EvilAmarant7x said:

Tommy may cause one or more monsters that are adjacent to his location to move

I'd say it's pretty apparent that he can choose some, and not necessarily all.

#4 Tonyfr

Tonyfr

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

I agree with the others.  It seems to be very useful to select some if Tom wants based on his current states and weapons.

#5 Full Doom Track

Full Doom Track

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

This is an awesome ability because it allows you to single out a monster from a pack and take it down.  Whether or not Tommy Muldoon is your tooled out designated monster killer or is just a 'normal' investigator.  It allows him to select, one or more (from multiple adjacent locations) monsters that you know he can defeat effectively 'thinning the herd'.

This is one of the reasons I love Tommy.  I also like his Luck stat a lot!

#6 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,446 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Plus, it allows you to move monsters that usually don't move in normal ways. Which is good if you have to clean the road for someone else :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#7 Full Doom Track

Full Doom Track

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Yes indeed,

Think; clear a Dark Young off of a gate for a gate diver!

#8 mageith

mageith

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

I usually use it to shoot down flyers.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS