• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 solardoc

solardoc

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Hi everyone,

X-wing is a brilliant game but wouldn't be a nice idea if there 'ld be different dices according to each spacecraft model, instead of just only d8 dices?

I know that each ship can throw different number of dices, but still only "d8" for every ship.

I'ld buy an expansion pack with different dices (d4, d6, d12 or even d20) to be played, so that each spaceship model (ATK and DEF) would be more characteristic!

What do you think ?

Best

#2 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

That's a nice idea, too bad FFG is so stingy with the dice.  3 of each in the core when you need 4 to play?  

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#3 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

Definately not, from previous experience its a pain in the but having to root around trying to find the right dice to roll.

#4 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

I like the efficiency of the system as is. The same dice are used to simulate lots of different damage/defense/healing effects. The cards and upgrades as well as the number of dice rolled give the necessary variety.

Be seeing you.

#5 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

The D8s work fine.  I'm very happy with this setup, and while the dice seem to swing wildly in and out of favor, adding dice will alter the system.  This isn't WotC and there's a reason for that.  Why would you feel adding different types of dice would make the game better?  

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#6 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Im more in favour of the idea of different coloured dices, say a cream/red dice for the Xwing, cream/yellow dice for the Ywing, black/grey for the empire and so on. still the exact same attack and defense dice, just in different colours, so gives a bit more uniqueness in dice throws

that, and if you are having a bad dice day, you can pinpoint which is the naughty dice, and you can single it out for some disciplinary measures immediately

#7 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

I have to say that I think that different dice is an unneeded complication.  I find the rules to X-Wing to be some of the most ellegent and fun rules of any tactical game I have ever played.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS