Setup Legality and attachments

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

The rules make clear that I can place attachments with the "setup" keyword so long as I have valid targets for each such attachment.  Obviously then I cannot place a chain attachment on setup unless I also setup a maester.  But what if I place a non-maester character, an apprentice collar and another chain attachment?  Is that legal because the chain can attach to the non-maester character once the apprentice collar attaches?  Or no because at the moment all cards are flipped over, the chain would have no valid target?

Thanks.

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Vaapad said:

Or no because at the moment all cards are flipped over, the chain would have no valid target?
Setup attachments must be legal on a character placed during setup on their own. You cannot combine them with other effects in order to make them legal. So no, Apprentice Collar does not make all other Chain attachments legal during setup. You have to have a printed Maester.

#3 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Was afraid that might be so.  Thanks!

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS