All hail the HoD!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

I consider myself a decently skilled player at this game, and I just lost 4 games in a row to mid level HoD decks while piloting my worlds deck (5-1). The meta better brace itself for the shakeup that's coming. However bad you thought it was going to be, it's going to be worse. Much, much worse (in a good way). Its so nice to play a game where i have no idea what the opponent's deck contains after house and agenda are revealed. All hail HoD. The card that brought variety back to the global meta!

I've got a shrine to build. Be back later…..

#2 darknoj

darknoj

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

So your saying that mide level players using HoD are winning vs good players playing good decks…yup all i hear is balanced agenda…I was pumped about the new agenda till you wrote this dennis…

#3 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

darknoj said:

So your saying that mide level players using HoD are winning vs good players playing good decks…yup all i hear is balanced agenda…I was pumped about the new agenda till you wrote this dennis…

never underestimate the power of surprise……..BOO!

#4 BBSB12

BBSB12

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Provide House and Location names and I'll start around it right away.=)

And on a side note, in the end I'm willing to bet that people will find out that sooner or later competitive HoD decklists will stabilize and you'll see same builds over and over. Kinda like with Maesters, where people tried all kind of stuff before finding the most broken ones.

#5 The Red Woman

The Red Woman

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

While I'm flattered that my losses I gave you were so rough that you had to make a public post about it, I'll note that I don't think that HoD is life-altering. Sure, if shifts the meta. I'm of a mind that any championship card *should* be metachanging, to give the appropriate impact that a national/world champion deserves. However, there are enough solutions to HoD right now that I don't think anyone should be shaking in their boots, regardless of the fact that I mercilessly beat you four times in a row*.

*I know you mentioned that in your original post, but I felt it appropriate to repeat it in case you forgot.

#6 AegonTargaryen

AegonTargaryen

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Just run Search and Detain. After that, his HoD is a blank agenda that supports your Damon Dance for me and Northern Cavalry Flank.

#7 r480

r480

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

I think there would be a fever of HoD during some time, but at the end the agenda would be useless ,and not a good one for competitive games. We will see :)

#8 kr4ng

kr4ng

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

My HoD highgarden deck is running off the charts right now (10-1 against established T1 decks).  It will probably win DC regional next year.  Will update in 5 months.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS