• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chainsaw_ash

chainsaw_ash

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Hi all,

I have just played this for only the second time and I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong.

I was playing House Stark and there are a lot of cards in the deck, which seem to effect cards with a wolf head symbol.

I looked up in the rule book and discovered that a wolf head symbol, is the symbol for Stalwart.

Now I played these support cards and thought when these stalwart guys hit the table I'll be heaping a load of trouble down on my opponents.

However there appeared to be only one card in the whole deck (apologies if there are more but I only saw the one when I checked at the end of the game) with the keyword Stalwart,

Is this correct or am I missing something like maybe, all Stark cards are Stalwart cards.

If there is only the one eligible Stalwart card in the deck, which can be effected by all these support cards then this is a pretty cynical attempt to make me go and buy some more Stalwart card before I've even had chance to experience the basic game.

I'm hoping I have missed something and this isn't the case, otherwise it would appear the base Stark deck is pretty lame without the addition of some more cards and I will be selling the game pretty pronto.

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,426 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

The wolf-head symbol stands for the "Stark" affiliation, not the "Stalwart" keyword. 

When the rule book puts the wolf-head symbol by "Stalwart," it is indicating that "Stalwart" only appears on cards with the Stark affiliation. 

So no, not all Stark cards are Stalwart, but the wolf-head symbol refers to all cards with the Stark affiliation.

#3 chainsaw_ash

chainsaw_ash

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

ah that makes so much more sense.

thanks for the help. Love the game btw

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS