Where is the void kraken?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Would someone be so kind as to tell me which book has the void kraken in it? I would very much appreciate it.

#2 lurkeroutthere

lurkeroutthere

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Void Kraken is Kronos Beastiary.

#3 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

The beast is in Koronus Bestiary, p36-37.

Wonder if, with a little tinkering, it would make for an interesting Tyranid organism. It could use Shadow in the Warp to blot out a whole area of space from navigation and astropathic communication. Granted, Tyranids are blessedly rare in the Expanse (hazaah), but it could be a terror for ships in the Orpheus Salient of the Jericho Reach, eating up Imperial, Tau, and maybe even a few Rogue Trader vessels. Might have nodes that could fire Warp Blasts/Lances, for ranged combat, before moving into crush-range, cavities filled with Gaunts and Genestealers, for boarding actions and dropping to planets, and maybe even a great Warp Field, to protect it, like a Void Shield.

#4 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

In battlefleet gothic the tyranid had a frigate sized ship called a kraken. I was looking for the void kraken so I could base tyranid ships I design for my own games of what FFG did. I am hoping it is at least comparable. It might be a while before I can get my own copy of the bestiary though.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS