Incarnations in real life?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Maru hatsune

Maru hatsune

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

okay. for those who have read the incarnations chapter of the arcana exxet, you would know that incarnations are born if the person in question achieves three goals. one, they must be a natural creature with a very high natura. two, his existence must be highly significant to a large amount of people to the world. and three, his death must be massively tragic and epic, releasing a mass amount of energy in the proccess. if you think about it, Bard and story tellers would be a crucial part in the creation of incarnations. but that got me the idea as well.

what if they were incarnations in real life? who would be incarnated? any ideas and such?

#2 F3nr1s

F3nr1s

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

My copy of Arcana Exxet is on the way, so I haven't read the incarnation-chapter and only know the information, which where posted at this forum.

But some ideas for real persons (only some ideas, I'm not sure, if they have all cleared the "three goals):

- Genghis Khan
- Vlad Tepes a.k.a. Vlad the Impaler
- Sun Tsu /Sunzi (Author of Art of War)
- Miyamoto Mushashi
- Oda Nobunaga
- Joan d'Arc, the "Maid of Orléans"

Some people from legends:

- Sigurd/Siegfried, the dragon slayer (one of the heros of "Nibelungenlied"/"Nibelungensage")
- King Arthur
- Beowulf
- Hercules

So long,

#3 Pelmir

Pelmir

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Martin Luther King

#4 nifoc

nifoc

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Jesus. I'm an atheist, but I can't deny that the legends surrounding him definately qualifies him, even more than King Arthur.

Christianity has a lot of martyrs that would qualify actually.

Other than that:

Rasputin - read up on his death and see why.

Saucy Jack (the Ripper) - death unknown but has a place even in modern myth.

Achilles, Hercules… Actually greek mythology could be a chapter unto itself.

Socrates - forced to drink poison for corrupting the youth, at least that is the tale, and probably the one on everyones mind when the word "philosopher is mentioned.

Robin Hood - So much myth, not just because of Disney.

Billy the Kid might qualify

Blackbeard the pirate.

Columbus

And so on….

#5 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Lu Bu (Romance of Three Kingdoms / chinese history)

#6 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

Gengis Khan cannot qualify, for his death wasn't so "tragic", and the same goes for Musashi. I don't know about Sun Tsu and Oda Nobunaga (but I believe the latter might have been assassinated, so thumb up, probably).

I totally agree about Vlad Drakul, Joan D'Arc, Jesus (and I'm an atheist too), Martin Luther King, Rasputin, perhaps even Socrates, and I'd probably add to the bunch Caius Giulius Caesar, Oratio Nelson, Richard I of England "The Lionheart", Giulio II (a pope from the sixteenth century), Giordano Bruno, possibly Adolf Hitler (since Incarnations can come from both good and evil people, just like for Rasputin).

There are many more, for sure, but these are the ones that come to my mind right away.

#7 Maru hatsune

Maru hatsune

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

as bad as it sounds I honestly think adolf hitler is a pretty good example for a real life incarnation just because one he influence millions to join him in his cause by his mere voice, took over multiple countries in less than 9 months, and when he died, EVERYONE was relieved. I should probably make a real life incarnation chart for all these though, I kind of like the idea of syncronizing with lu bu.

#8 Sidisessinu

Sidisessinu

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

For the good or "light" side, I would also add Gandhi, Mother Teresa, and Princess Dia.

For the Bad guys…….. Stalin, Jeffery Dahmer, and Charles Manson (when he finally dies).

#9 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

I'd like to remember that Light and Darkness ARE NOT equal to "good" and "evil" in Anima setting(there are other threads on this anyway), as they shouldn't be considered equal in our own world.

I wouldn't agree on Diana, personally, but I'd totally agree about Ghandi. As for Mother Teresa I don't think she satisfied the "tragic death" condition, otherwise she'd definitely be ok.

The same goes for Stalin, he died of Ictus, not exactly the most epic end (while Hitler probably, although unconfirmed, committed suicide, hence having a more tragic death).

Jeffery Dahmer might be ok…but I'm not sure his "impact on history" deserves a role as Incarnation.

Totally my two cents…

#10 Beadle

Beadle

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

I'd take Stalin if Trotsky was also there on the other side as a counterpoint.  His death IS the thing of legend ("No, it's a real mystery how that ice-pick found its way into his head.  Some tragic cocktail-making accident, I guess.").

#11 Pelmir

Pelmir

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Beadle said:

("No, it's a real mystery how that ice-pick found its way into his head.  Some tragic cocktail-making accident, I guess.").

I've laughted 15 minutes.

I agree with Elric about Diana

Bill Gates would be an excellent one, at least in case of a tragic death.

Kennedy maybe?

#12 Beadle

Beadle

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Pelmir said:

Bill Gates would be an excellent one, at least in case of a tragic death.

But Bill Gates isn't dead.  o_0

Or did you mean Steve Jobs?

#13 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

What about Cu'Chulain?

#14 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'm unsure Cu'chulain existed, but as for "legendary characters" he could tag along with the likes of Arthur Pendragon, Sigfried, or Achilles.

#15 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Abraham Lincoln! He is a mighty historical figure

#16 Maru hatsune

Maru hatsune

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

well first off, even though bill gates is still alive I'm pretty sure he's set up for an incarnation. unless of course things go wrong and he has a normal death.

abe lincoln and john f kennedy would be perfect examples as well because they were both assassinated right in the public's eyes. so it's rather tragic indeed.

#17 Beadle

Beadle

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Maru hatsune said:

unless of course things go wrong and he has a normal death.

o_0

"things go wrong"?!

So you're actually PLANNING for him to have a tragic death?!

*whispers* Don't worry.  I won't say a thing.

#18 Pelmir

Pelmir

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

I didn't mean that Bill Gates is already dead, I mean that he would be an excellent incarnation.

Laika, the first living being in the space, the she-dog had a really tragical end and she was quite famous in the cold war period.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS