The d6 adventure "Starfall" could be a good one to adapt. I last ran it in a single session New Years Eve game a few years back, taken between 5-10 hours (character creation included). I found it an easy adventure to improvise and adapt to player actions, and being aboard a dying star destroyer was very cool and thematic, I was able to grab the narrative and run for miles so to speak.
The downside, the adventure assumes the players are rebels, so a little less thematic for EotE. Then again, your characters start off in a prison cell about the star destroyer, and I think it relatively easy to replace them with bounty hunters or other mercenaries… I know most of my PCs were. The up shot, I think the dying ship would be fertile grounds to really explore and run with the narrative dice, giving a number of exciting options for advantage and threat and so on.
The adventure was published under its own name and later in Classic Adventures: Volume Five.
Note: I am biased in favour of this one, it was one of the best adventure runs I ever had, the PCs managed to escape the dying star destroyer exactly at midnight, the deadline I had half-jokingly said (and they took deadly serious) the ship would explode - made for a fantastic description and new years countdown!
Back in February, before any of this new EotE stuff was known about, me and my players decided to break out WEGs D6 and start a campaign. I decided (quite amazingly) that I wanted the whole party to be outlaws and tied to several characters in the canon. Our campaign takes place in the area about 3 years before A New Hope.
My group is only able to meet every couple of months due to us not living in the same area anymore. This means when we do get together, it is usually 1 normal session, and one VERY extended play session. Our first adventure, I adapted "Starfall."
Our Starfall was a bit different because I wanted to eliminate the whole "Rebel Battle" part of the adventure…
The party is an outlaw group of pirates who target Imperial transports. They jumped out of hyperspace into a ship yard with a prototype Interdictor-class star destroyer which promptly prevented them from escaping with its gravity well projectors. After a small TIE fighter combat, they were captured. The entire adventure flipped around to them trying to escape from the detention block and escape the Star Destroyer while running into "Terrorists" (pre-rebellion remnants of the Antarian Rangers) who were in the middle of a mission to destroy the prototype. Once the charges went off and the Star Destroyer starting careening into the planet below, the pressure to leave got rather tense (haha). Other minor changes, the "Y-wing" that was imbedded in the hull was a TIE fighter (mishap due to confusion when charges went off, etc)… stuff like that. There was no battle going on outside. There was very little staff actually on the ship because it was not even finished yet.
My thought is, it was a GREAT one to convert and the party loved it. I think they really liked it because it gave that real Episode 4, Death Star escape feel to it. However, it seems like it would take longer than 3 sessions. We did it in a 4-6 hour session, and a 12+ hour session and I threw out a couple encounters. I usually keep 2 or 3 in my head that might be dumped in time crunches.
Another note: My group just now is setting up a meetup in January and I am looking to read some things to adapt, so thanks for your suggestions!