Being Phased Out?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HopefulHammerer

HopefulHammerer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

I stopped in my FLGS earlier this week to pick up the newest edition of the Descent game and the conversion kit, but also to put in my Christmas order for 5 of the Player's Guide books for WFRP 3e.  The person behind the counter said he wasn't sure if that would happen since he was under the impression that the 3e version was being phased out.

Thankfully he did take my order and said he would let me know in about a week if he'd be able to order the books for me.  Here's hoping.

During the same trip, I asked about TEW and he hadn't heard about it or when it would be available.  He said my best bet would be to check online for an availability date.

Just thought I'd pass along my experience from a brick-and-mortar store.

#2 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

That's concerning.  I asked FFG customer service a few weeks ago about all the negativity on forum re future of WFRP 3rd and was told "don't worry".  The Celestial Pod appeared shortly after.

#3 thePREdiger

thePREdiger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

the guy in my shop in Vienna said, he heard about TEW but there is no final release date.

I hope they will at least finish all of the colleges/faiths with their POD series.

#4 Gambin

Gambin

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Phased out?!  I very much doubt that's going to happen.  If it is it's been my most played rpg since Star Wars 2nd edition and I'll carry on playing it for quite some time.

The game just suits mine and my players needs.  My group aren't very good with rules so having everything on cards is just perfect.  Although Star Wars Edge of the Empire looks great I prefer a more gritty world now I'm old and miserable!

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

My flgs owner ordered tew for me.  JANUARY 20TH RELEASE here in the states.

jh

#6 Gambin

Gambin

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Amazon are quoting 4th of December in the UK at the moment.  No doubt that'll change.

#7 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

valvorik said:

That's concerning.  I asked FFG customer service a few weeks ago about all the negativity on forum re future of WFRP 3rd and was told "don't worry".  The Celestial Pod appeared shortly after.

They said the same thing about 2nd edition, before bringing out the 3rd edition. Past history but still true.

#8 YojimboUK

YojimboUK

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

I would certainly say that the slow down on product releases is indicative of some change for WFRP. Whether this is because a new edition in development or that FFG think that WFRP isn't profitable enough to devote resources to is uncertain.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS