Sabriel-The Charter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

So I have recently been rereading the Abhorsen series by Gary Gigax. I am planning on trying to create Charter Mages within Anima, and so decided to post on the forum. I have never undertaken anything this big, and would love any suggestion for making new systems of play. If you are familier with game setting (or not) feel free to comment with features you would want me to incorporate.

Right now I am trying to decide whether I should have spells that have a predetermined Attack (Projection), that increase as you reach higher levels, and that you can boost with points (not sure what to base them off of yet), or if I should use a system similar to ki, where you could combine different marks to create custom effects.

Also for anyone who hasn't read the books (which I am assuming is going to be most of you): Here is how the Charter works. The Charter is an infinite number of symbols that flow through all things. They are the cosmic language that structures and governs all of existence. Charter Mages are people that are capable of reaching into this flow and extracting the sigils that they wish to weave into a spell. 

#2 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Since I had no other suggestions, I think that for now I will start making the system with the predetermined statistics. Remember that ANYONE can comment here, with any suggestions.

#3 BaiHe

BaiHe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

I have read these books before an am actually currently re-reading them. I think that instead of creating a charter mage, it could be more like the pre-existing magic in Anima rather than adding a nw magic, but with a different way to perform the magic (based on how they would both have some sort of wait times, whether it's drawing charter marks or chanting). What I think would be more interesting is to add the bells and their individual powers to the ncromancy of magic. I've thought about doin this before but since I don't actually have a group to play with, I thought it was a wast of time. Good luck though.

??

#4 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the idea! I still would like to separate it, but i have been stuck on that track. If I were to add the bells to necramacy, I fear that when people got into a bad situation, they would just ring the seventh bell and create a new character. I may have to make that one unavailible until I figure it out. Thanks so much for the comment, by the way. I actually had given up because I had no idea what I was doing, but I will starty up creation again as soon as possible!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS