Future products

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Dear Santa, aka FFG's.  just kidding but one of the fellow Forum members mentiond that we should post more often, and express that we are still interested in purchasing WFRP 3rd.  So if anyone agrees with me or if FFG is reading this, these are the box sets I would be very interested in purchasing in the future.

An in depth look at Necromancy, Demonology, Wood Elves, Dark Elves, High Elves, Skaven, Undead, Britonnia, Kislev, Norsca, new full length Campaigns and a follow up to TEW would rock!

Does anyone have any additional or expanded ideas of products they would like to see in the future?

Gary

#2 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

A revised edition of the game. I don't know a wfrpg 3.5 or wfrpg 4. 

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#3 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

I can certainly agree. High and Wood elves especially need a box, as they are core player races. Brettonia would be a nice addition to the game and could be included in the wood elf box. I'd buy new boxes instantly upon release. More PODs of varied content would also be nice, not only wizards/priests, but more martial, social, maybe an epic-POD etc., and they should be released more often, at least every other month.

The list could go on and I'd buy everything.

Another tip, to raise awareness of and help trying to spread the game is to rate and review the game and all it's expansions on RPGgeek.com (Emirikol suggested this a while back). It might help bring new players to the game, as this forum is mainly populated by existing players/GMs.

#4 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

I want my dwarf pod with more runesmith, slayer, engineer, and drunken action cards. :)

#5 Johann Rowlocks

Johann Rowlocks

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

I think rather than concentrate on new products, FFG need to revise and then market this game in a comprehensible way. Great game, but the roll out was confused and a bit expensive…. This game has the potential to be much more widely beloved.

#6 Nnesk

Nnesk

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

k7e9 said:

I can certainly agree. High and Wood elves especially need a box, as they are core player races. Brettonia would be a nice addition to the game and could be included in the wood elf box. I'd buy new boxes instantly upon release. More PODs of varied content would also be nice, not only wizards/priests, but more martial, social, maybe an epic-POD etc., and they should be released more often, at least every other month.

The list could go on and I'd buy everything.

Another tip, to raise awareness of and help trying to spread the game is to rate and review the game and all it's expansions on RPGgeek.com (Emirikol suggested this a while back). It might help bring new players to the game, as this forum is mainly populated by existing players/GMs.

True all!

#7 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

I could see that.  I do find the game from a new buyer very confusing.  A friend of mine asked about getting into wfrp 3rd the other day. My responses on what to buy were a little confusing and I think he was a bit overwhelmed.  Repackaging the game in a more approachable manner while still allowing all of us to use our current stuff would help greatly!

#8 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

I'm not quite sure how it can get much simpler than the player's guide…

jh

#9 Gambin

Gambin

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

If he's a player just get the players guide book if he wants a bit more then go for the Core box set.  That's pretty much all you really need so start with that then if he likes it then move on.

#10 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Correct.  Honestly there's only two pages in witch's song and Omens' and Lure' only expand on the more of the same "I hit slightly differently/I skill check slightly differently.'  Since they are of limited use, a group doesn't need 6 copies of those anyways.

The players guide is the way to go.

The Players Guide is available via PDF as well, which seems to be the going thing for people with smart phones, laptops, and the like. Personally, I like the paper…

The other thing that I like about the Players Guide is it completely squelches any grognard barfing over "components" and any other such nonsense arguments about clunk and clutter.  Now we just need FFG to step up and keep the dice in production.

jh

#11 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Johann Rowlocks said:

I think rather than concentrate on new products, FFG need to revise and then market this game in a comprehensible way. Great game, but the roll out was confused and a bit expensive…. This game has the potential to be much more widely beloved.

I agree. Warhammer could take some adjustments to its system from the new Star Wars. It is more simplified, streamlined, a 2.0 of Warhammer's core system. It does not have to be a complete restart, that would piss a lot of us off that have boxes of playaids. A revision only that allows us to still use the older versions with some tweaking. Reprints of old stuff of course would eventually be updated to 2.0.

#12 YojimboUK

YojimboUK

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

It would seem to me that FFG have three options of what to do with WFRP.

1) Status quo. POD and PDF releases only.

2) New edition based on WFRP2e and the 40K RPGs.

3) New edition based on the current edition but streamlined to a dice and paper game a la Star Wars.

I see option 3 as being most likely but never underestimate the power of nostalgia (option 2).

#13 steveg700

steveg700

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Emirikol said:

I'm not quite sure how it can get much simpler than the player's guide…

That's because you're already set.

For someone trying to get started, there's a lot of research to do, weighing what the core set offers versus what the guides offer versus what the vaults offer. Ultimately, the player's guide is great because it unifies the core rulebook with the magic books, and consolidates card info. OTOH, the core set offers a good all-around value when the dice are factored in.

So, where do we get a player's guide PDF?

#14 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

I've stated this in other threads, but will restate it here.

What I'd like to see this coming year from WFRP 3 in order from most wanted to least:

1. A new, streamlined, and cheaper "beginner box" with a new adventure and perhaps new content. This would both entice newcomers to try out the game without having to plop down $100, AND would be a good buy for veterans if it contains a new adventure/content. All of this would still be compatible with the older core set, and books…just better organized and a lower price. If FF want to roll out newer versions of the Player's/GMs Vaults, they could just offer the content (extra Basic Actions, Wound cards, etc) as PODs for those that need them.
  2. More diverse PODs. I'm thinking locations, items, maybe even decks of random encounters and similar.
  3. More online/digital support and content. I would like to see official character builder programs, a better dice app (one that works on Android as well as iPhone) on par with the Star Wars dice app that's out now. More feedback and participation from the Fantasy Flight folks on these forums would be nice as well.
  4. A Wood Elf/Athel Loren adventure/setting/expansion. A nice epic adventure that would take characters through Athel Loren, and perhaps parts of Brettonia? Could include more professions and options for Wood Elf characters. I personally want to steer away from High/Dark Elves for the time being, since their general badassery outclasses even seasoned Imperial soldiers.
  5. A massive dungeon crawl campaign. I'm thinking along the lines of Castle Drakenfels, or some of the ruined Dwarf holds, or even Mordheim (which I know has been covered by Liber Fanatica)
  6. A Chaos boxed set, perhaps detailing the Dark Lands, Chaos Dwarves, the Brass Keep, etc. This might even include rules for playing Chaos inclined characters (though it could be argued that with the rules/components we already have, this is possible).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS