Popular WHRPG 3e Forums?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 steveg700

steveg700

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

I notice that there's not a lot of traffice here or at the RPGGeek forum. Is there some well-known site I'm missing out on?

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Strike to Stun

Enworld

Wizards.com

RpgGeek

(rpg.net..if you like being treated like a child)

Each has some discussion.  The 2e WFRP discussions are still fairly lively at strike to stun.

jh

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Another thing is just a reminder to everyone here:  Post.  Post more often.  Post "me too's" and start threads.  FFG looks at these (but chooses to never respond), but if the traffic here is zero, you can expect what to get in the future from them.

Here's to more "me too's" on the forums!

:)

JH

#4 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Cant wait for TEW.  I have preordered it from my local hobby shop.  I really think that FFG should release box sets covering,  Necromancy, Demonology, Wood elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Britonnia, Skaven, Beastmen, several of the human lands like Norsca.  Does anyone think their is a chance that we will get more champaigns like TGS, or even followups to TEW?

Here to many more years of WFRP 3rd and my future bankruptcy from buying all of the products.

Gary

#5 BJake

BJake

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Me too? :)

#6 GaiusIII

GaiusIII

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Me too! ;-)

And I would love to see a Necromancy set. More ways to tempt my players into turning to the dark side…

#7 No:12

No:12

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Hi,

Elves, please…    its only been twenty odd years and still waiting…

#8 Kartigan

Kartigan

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

gmanjkd said:

Cant wait for TEW.  I have preordered it from my local hobby shop.  I really think that FFG should release box sets covering,  Necromancy, Demonology, Wood elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Britonnia, Skaven, Beastmen, several of the human lands like Norsca.  Does anyone think their is a chance that we will get more champaigns like TGS, or even followups to TEW?

Here to many more years of WFRP 3rd and my future bankruptcy from buying all of the products.

Gary

Me too! :)

#9 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

That's the spirit.

In the context of things:  D&D and Pathfinder get TONS of discussion on other forums.  All other games fall a distant third - WFRP included.

The most Warhammer themed discussion occurs over at Strike to Stun, because it's filled with the WFRP2 writers and fans (a vast number of them are prolific and experienced writers).

The fragmentation that occurred (and continues to occur) because FFG doesn't choose to communicate on their forums with us lowly fans. 

So, it's up to us to communicate and do projects without support from the mother company.  I think its reasonable to assume the days of 'sifting will be replaced with periodic PODs to discuss.

jh

#10 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Long time no post, sorry!

I agree with Jay that we need to keep the forums lively and with interesting ideas that FFG can draw from.

However I suspect that the amount of new stuff we will get will be entirely dependant on how TEW sells and the priorities of the new Head of RPG development. If they are a major WFRP fan then we may well be lucky, but if they are not then I suspect we will be edged out by Star Wars and 40K.

#11 Remorhaz

Remorhaz

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

its unfortunate that warhammer 3 split a very vocal and passionate community. some day it will get the kudos it deserves as a groundbreaking rpg that pushed the mechanics of the genre forward. its mechanical fingerprints are all over descent 2, edge of empire and xwing. 

make sure to check out recklessdice podcast.. its not a forum but that podcast is a pillar of the warhammer 3E community. 

#12 Jericho

Jericho

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

Emirikol said:

Another thing is just a reminder to everyone here:  Post.  Post more often.  Post "me too's" and start threads.  FFG looks at these (but chooses to never respond), but if the traffic here is zero, you can expect what to get in the future from them.

JH

I second that!

———
The time of change has come!

#13 Jericho

Jericho

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Jericho said:

Emirikol said:

JH

I second that!

———
The time of change has come!

#14 steveg700

steveg700

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Emirikol said:

No forum is well-served by emphasizing quantity over quality. I have trouble believing that in a system as robust as WFRP3, there aren't topics worhy of lively discussion, or that such discussion is best served by holding it at a site like ENWorld, which is quite explicitly centered around d20 systems.

Googling doesn't turn up much with "Strike to Stun".

#15 James Sparrow

James Sparrow

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

steveg700 said:

Googling doesn't turn up much with "Strike to Stun".

When you google, the third link down provides (in a round about way) the address, but for convenience, here's the forum:

http://forum.strike-to-stun.net/

However, be aware that most WFRP3 fans here seem to have written StS off, but if you're a fan of the setting StS is probably more interesting and useful than anything happening here.

Cheers

Sparrow

#16 HopefulHammerer

HopefulHammerer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

James Sparrow said:

However, be aware that most WFRP3 fans here seem to have written StS off, but if you're a fan of the setting StS is probably more interesting and useful than anything happening here.

I've not really visited the StS site or forums so I'm really curious about this particular statement.  What is it about the StS site that would have led WFRP3 fans to have written it off?

#17 James Sparrow

James Sparrow

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

HopefulHammerer said:

James Sparrow said:

I've not really visited the StS site or forums so I'm really curious about this particular statement.  What is it about the StS site that would have led WFRP3 fans to have written it off?

Very simply, a fair number of WFRP1 and WFRP2 fans didn't like WFRP3 for various reasons, some justified, some not. A lot of them were members of StS and posted their negative opinions there, and argued with WFRP3 fans. So, StS became labelled as anti-WFRP3, despite the fact that a number of WFRP3 fans have continued to post there and discuss the setting and develop ideas.

StS is no where near as active the Black Industries forums were, but the signal-to-noise ratio is significantly higher, and it's considerablly more interesting than watching this place slowly die.

Cheers

Sparrow

#18 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

I agree with one of the other forum members.  I came to wfrp 3rd through Sean Conners "the outsiders" review on youtube and the reckless dice podcast.  If it werent for them I would have never given the 3rd edition a chance, I like so many others thought it was just a bastardized version of 2nd editon combined with descent in a board game package.  Thankfully I gave it a chance and its now my favorite game.  I cant imagin that any of you have not checked out the reckless dice podcast, but if not do so.

www.recklessdice.com

Gary

#19 Johannes_Tippmeister

Johannes_Tippmeister

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

I'm curious - do you guys see yourselves as "wfrp 3" players?

I ask because the edition has never been a defining feature for me. I currently use wfrp 3, but I play "wfrp", if that makes any sense. I've played the first edition for years, skipped the second edition since I didn't play at all and joined again for the third. In any case, I've always used materials from all editions, the fluff texts in wfb army books, fan materials, warpstone articles and whatnot. I've also been buying all second edition books on ebay now that I've started again, just to use their ideas.

To me wfrp is wfrp - it's the setting, the world, the black humor and the grim and perilous. Which dice I grab to attack is of minor significance to me. The only mandatory aspect of the system for me would be the careers. You cannot change the system to one where you have a level 18 fighter and still call it wfrp. You gotta have a grave robber and a beggar as starter careers.Other than that I place little emphasis on it.

From my vantage point an edition war would miss the point. Now, if they had changed wfrp to make it a clean high-adventure saga in a generic fantasy kingdom suited for all ages and free of any controversial elements, I'd be on the frontline of said edition war, but as it only affects the system I consider it side issue.

#20 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

I've played in the Warhammer world using: WFRP2, WFRP3, D&D3.5, D&D4, and teh Talisman rule-set (with the kids)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS