Eastern PA?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Brian_Black

Brian_Black

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

I'm north of Philly, and I refuse to believe that noone else in the Delaware valley plays X-Wing.  I stopped at my local game store, who said they were selling expansions, but didn't have anything organized… I might have to start attempting to on their open game nights.

#2 peteparkerh

peteparkerh

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Brian_Black said:

I'm north of Philly, and I refuse to believe that noone else in the Delaware valley plays X-Wing.  I stopped at my local game store, who said they were selling expansions, but didn't have anything organized… I might have to start attempting to on their open game nights.

There are some of us playing up in Reading Pa and we sometimes meet in West Chester.

#3 jerbear

jerbear

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm in Delco and play as well, plus I attend classes at Bucks Co. college, so I'm up north of the city too. We should link up for a game sometime!

#4 Shooter McGavin

Shooter McGavin

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

Hi!   Do you guys know of any game shops running the kessel run tournament on Saturday Dec 15.  The only one I saw so far is 7th dimension games in Jenkintown. Is the Games Keep in West Chester having one?  Info on these tournaments is pretty scarce for our area.  

#5 jerbear

jerbear

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

The Showcase Comics in Media is doing it on the 15th

#6 Brian_Black

Brian_Black

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Checking my availability with my living calendar, will update tonight.

#7 Shooter McGavin

Shooter McGavin

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

The Games Keep in West Chester is running it on Dec. 15th at 1:00 PM. 

#8 Brian_Black

Brian_Black

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Ugh, I'm already booked on the 15th which is a shame. I'll have to pm some of you folks to set up some get togethers, I'd like to be able to play full 100pt games, but I just can't squeeze it into my lunch hour with my buddy at work. Hell, we were barely able to finish a Vader/Wedge duel in 40 minutes. (A combination of bad attack rolls and vader getting expert handling drew that one out.)

#9 EmperorCorwin

EmperorCorwin

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

We're playing some up in Allentown, PA at Dragonhead Distributors, but nothing organized.

#10 jerbear

jerbear

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Brian_Black said:

Ugh, I'm already booked on the 15th which is a shame. I'll have to pm some of you folks to set up some get togethers, I'd like to be able to play full 100pt games, but I just can't squeeze it into my lunch hour with my buddy at work. Hell, we were barely able to finish a Vader/Wedge duel in 40 minutes. (A combination of bad attack rolls and vader getting expert handling drew that one out.)

PM me with your schedule for the week if you can, I could really use some practice rounds for the tournies. Also, there's a thread on here for a store in W Berlin NJ that is running the tourney on Sunday the 16th, so maybe you can get in on that one instead!

#11 jerbear

jerbear

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

http://www.fantasyfl...=6&efidt=755182

this is the thread I was talking about

#12 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

I made the thread about the ATF tournament and I too live in Philly (Fishtown).

Just head accross the Tacony-Palmayra bridge and its a straight shot on 73 from there.  Depending where you at ATF is likely a 30-40 drive.

They also run X-Wing night on Tuesdays, but if you want some game come on Warmachine night on Mondays.  There is always a group of guys (6-12) playing something, and alot play or at least know how to play X-Wing.  I'm there every Monday without fail.

#13 peteparkerh

peteparkerh

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

I'm going to the tournament in West Chester at Games Keep.  Starts at 1pm, 100pts, etc.  Let me know if you are also interested.

Also,  if I hosted a tournament/mission day in the Reading PA area in January, who would be interested in coming?  I could pull out the Star Destroyer, Rebel Blockade Runner, Imperial Shuttle Mission, and Hoth Battle.  Or we could just do a tournament.

#14 Clancampbell

Clancampbell

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

I'd be interested Pete! complice

#15 jerbear

jerbear

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

Yeah me too, and make sure you mention it at the tourney Saturday!

#16 Trunks1022

Trunks1022

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Newbie Philly player here! (East Falls/Manayunk area) Just received the core set as a gift, and purchased a few expansions. Looking to learn the game through experience, and meeting new people.

#17 GoldCrow18

GoldCrow18

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Yeah Scott! I agree All Things Fun in Berlin NJ every Monday is a great place to be to do anything Star Wars, LCG or XWing… I too am there every Monday and I agree with Scott… great group of guys

GoldCrow18

#18 QuietDroid

QuietDroid

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

I live up in East Norriton if theres anyone in that area that'd like get in some games.

Looks like I'm only about 30 minutes from the place in West Chester and could maybe meet there for some games.  Is there a regular X-Wing night there?  There's a also a comic store in the Plymouth Meeting Mall that I believe has gaming space as well.

7th Dimension in Jenkintown has been trying to get regular X-Wing nights going on Mondays if thats convenient for anyone.  A bit too far for me on Mondays since I don't get home from work until 6:30.

#19 Elderrook

Elderrook

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Not sure how far away from Bloomsburg you are, but I'd be down for a game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS