The Kessel Run Events

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Flashover

Flashover

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Is anyone going to be running the Kessel Run Event in Colorado? Where can we go to find out who's running one of these? 

-J

#2 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Several players have been asking our FLGS, GameKnight in Winnipeg, about it. The owner, Scott, has applied for it but hasn't received the kit yet so cannot confirm it.

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters

23 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 69 kills versus 46 losses

#3 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

I just started going thread by thread on here, and here is what I have found so far:

Yes, they are holding a KRT

Game Kastle, Santa Clara CA
Game Kastle, Fremont, CA
Dice Age Games, Vancouver, WA
Barrhaven Wizards Tower, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Stafford games, Stafford, UK

Have applied and are waiting for a response:

Jays CD and Hobby, Des Moines, IA
Borderlands, Jacksonville, FL
Rainy DayGames, Portland, OR
RIW Hobbies Livonia, MI
GameKnight, Winnipeg, Canada
Black Knight Games, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Compleat Strategist, Manhattan, NY

I'll edit or post updates (or better yet, others can) as I find out more results.

#4 SierraKiloBravo

SierraKiloBravo

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Can venues charge a cover to play in these events? I thought the application precluded this, but the application link has been closed.

#5 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

SierraKiloBravo said:

Can venues charge a cover to play in these events? I thought the application precluded this, but the application link has been closed.

i didn't see the actual application (but am checking with the FLGS owner on it) but the info page stated nothing about that. I know the retailers don't get the kit for free, and they're providing space, lights, etc for people to potentially win prizes, so I don't see why they shouldn't be able to charge something for the event.

Especially when you consider that some of the people who win the ships will almost certainly put them on eBay…

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#6 SierraKiloBravo

SierraKiloBravo

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

No, I totally get the economics behind it, but I could have sworn that there was a part of that application that stated venues were not to charge an entrance fee. I read the application about a week ago, but the application was gone when I went to check, just to make sure I hadn't misread something.

Generally speaking, when I participate in any event, I buy something from the relevant shop to try to show support. Maybe it's just me disliking covers?

#7 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

SierraKiloBravo said:

No, I totally get the economics behind it, but I could have sworn that there was a part of that application that stated venues were not to charge an entrance fee. I read the application about a week ago, but the application was gone when I went to check, just to make sure I hadn't misread something.

Generally speaking, when I participate in any event, I buy something from the relevant shop to try to show support. Maybe it's just me disliking covers?

That's why I asked our FLGS owner to double check. Around the Portland area (and this was new to me when I moved here but I like it), instead of a cover charge fee for events, all the local stores do their entry fees by "Product Buy-In". So instead of just handing over $, the players are getting something too. It works well and makes everyone happy. The typical buy-in when I run tourneys of X-Wing will be $15 - conveniently the cost of an expansion ship but any product in the store can be bought, if desired. I just figured that would be a good standard.

*Most* gamers are conscientious about buying something at a store event so they don't mind a modest buy-in anyway. This method just helps with those who are not. 

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#8 craniumdamage750

craniumdamage750

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

I know Fantasy Flight Games in MN is running one on that Sunday and Universe Games in MN is running one on that Saturday so I get 2 chances to win stuff.

#9 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

Dice House Games in Fullerton, CA has confirmed their Kessel Run Tournament.

#10 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

If you are going to go by people's word, you can change the status of Black Knight Games in Hamilton Ontario from waiting to hear to definitely having one.  They haven't made an official announcement, but the owner said it was a confirmed lock.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#11 godofcheese

godofcheese

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Anyone know of an Australia KRT? Preferably NSW (much preferably Sydney/Newcastle area), but am prepared to travel.

#12 poloniumandrats

poloniumandrats

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

It would be nice for FFG to publish a list of all the kessel run events on their website, so that we can all find a full list.

Also, anyone happen to know if there is one in scotland?

#13 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

poloniumandrats said:

It would be nice for FFG to publish a list of all the kessel run events on their website, so that we can all find a full list.

Also, anyone happen to know if there is one in scotland?

I'm guessing that they will publish the list but they are probably waiting to finalize it as the retailers who were accepted still have to pay for the KR Event Kit. I'd imagine that once that is underway/complete, then they will publish the final list.

Jim

#14 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

All Things Fun in Berlin NJ will be hosting one on December 16th at 1pm.

#15 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Looks like Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove, CA will have a Kessel Run on Saturday as well.

#16 wmcduff

wmcduff

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

I know my FLGS in Prince Rupert, British Columbia were attempting to get into the Kessel Run, but I'm not sure they did.  They're busy folks as it is.  I don't suppose there's a way for a local (slightly obsessive) player to run the OP stuff for them, is there? :)

#17 timewalker03

timewalker03

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Add the Game Shoppe in Bellevue NE.

xwingtoman

#18 Masterson

Masterson

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

The Gaming Pit in Duluth, Ga is hosting one on 12/15

#19 SierraKiloBravo

SierraKiloBravo

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Endgame in Oakland, CA is running the event on 12/15. They are not charging an entrance fee. Game Kastle in San Jose is charging $10 for the event the same day.

#20 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'm seeing more and more locations charging entry fees for this. Seems lame, but if FFG didn't frown on it in the application…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS