Photo

Psychic Familiars [Navis Primer] - suggestions for?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 memespawn

memespawn

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

So: Psychic familiars have to be both Scrawny (or smaller?) size & possess the Bestial trait. Is there a listing anywhere of which creatures might be available?

What creature would make a good (or terrible, but interesting) choice for a psychic familiar?

What creature would you like to have as a psychic familiar for your character, or that you think one of your players would like to have?

#2 susanbrindle

susanbrindle

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

if I recall correctly, there aren't lists because you're meant to just think of any small animal you can. I like the idea of a raven, but some kind of Calixian Death Chameleon would probably be a most useful option.

#3 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

susanbrindle said:

if I recall correctly, there aren't lists because you're meant to just think of any small animal you can. I like the idea of a raven, but some kind of Calixian Death Chameleon would probably be a most useful option.

You mean like that gecko from the Geico commercials?  That would be so dangerous looking. 

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#4 Alox

Alox

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Or a Tribble…    

#5 Macharias the Mendicant

Macharias the Mendicant

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

I like the idea of something totally innocuous, that can get in and out of places without being spotted. Like a mouse, or rat. SHips must have thousands of them on board anyhow.

#6 Regis Eisen

Regis Eisen

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

I looked into some of the possibilities from the Bestiary Xenos Generator, and after keeping the size at scrawny, rolled up this fella.  I would recommend never letting this guy in your game, but… it has style, I think.  

Predator Profile (Scrawny Winged Two Headed Shoulder Monkey of DOOM) (Best Quality Psybercreature)

WS    BS     S      T     Ag  Int Per  WP    Fel
58      —    45(8) 45(8) 40   21 60    50    ––
Movement: 4/8/12/24
Wounds: 11
Armour: None.
Total TB: 8
Psychic Techiniques (Choose 2)
Skills: Awareness (Per), Tracking (Int).
Talents: Lightning Attack, Furious Assualt
Traits: Bestial, Brutal Charge, Natural Weapons, Improved Natural Weapons, Apex, Silicate, Unnatural Strength and Toughness x2, Natural Armor (5)Thermal Adaption (Cold). Guardian, Flyer (6), Psy Rating 2, Psyber.
Psyber Features: Wanderer (5x WPB Kilometers), Loyal, Additional Head, Wings, Psy-Capable, Warded (+20 to resist Psypowers, Ignore Daemonic Presence)
Weapons: Claws or Fangs (1d10+10 R; Pen 2).

#7 Gavinfoxx

Gavinfoxx

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

So how would one combine the benefits of a Gyrinx with the benefits of the Navis Primer types of Psychic Familiars?

IE, get a Gyrinx that is also a Psychic Familiar that has the benefits of both??

#8 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Regis Eisen said:

I looked into some of the possibilities from the Bestiary Xenos Generator, and after keeping the size at scrawny, rolled up this fella.  I would recommend never letting this guy in your game, but… it has style, I think.  

Predator Profile (Scrawny Winged Two Headed Shoulder Monkey of DOOM) (Best Quality Psybercreature)

WS    BS     S      T     Ag  Int Per  WP    Fel
58      —    45(8) 45(8) 40   21 60    50    ––
Movement: 4/8/12/24
Wounds: 11
Armour: None.
Total TB: 8
Psychic Techiniques (Choose 2)
Skills: Awareness (Per), Tracking (Int).
Talents: Lightning Attack, Furious Assualt
Traits: Bestial, Brutal Charge, Natural Weapons, Improved Natural Weapons, Apex, Silicate, Unnatural Strength and Toughness x2, Natural Armor (5)Thermal Adaption (Cold). Guardian, Flyer (6), Psy Rating 2, Psyber.
Psyber Features: Wanderer (5x WPB Kilometers), Loyal, Additional Head, Wings, Psy-Capable, Warded (+20 to resist Psypowers, Ignore Daemonic Presence)
Weapons: Claws or Fangs (1d10+10 R; Pen 2).

Can someone say "It's on, like Donky Kong." 

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS