• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

I am not sure where else to post this.

Besides LOTC:LCG, what other FFG titles have a built in Solotaire game mode?

Thanks!

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#2 Mejis

Mejis

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Arkham Horror is an absolute must if you're into anything Lovecraftian. It can be played with 1-8 players and I love the solo game.

The new Merchant of Venus also has a solitaire mode, although I haven't tried it yet.

I'm sure there are several others that people will know of.

#3 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Are there any others to be added to this list?

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#4 rfox01

rfox01

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

I"m really interested in solo play too, and impressed that at least FFG makes more of an effort than other publishers to acknowledge solo players out there. LotR is the only one I've tried and I'm having a lot of fun playing solo.

Elder Sign, Gears of War, Dungeonquest, and Space Hulk are others that are designed to be playable solo. I've heard others playing Runebound and Talisman solo too. Basically any coop game can be adapted fairly easily for solo play, although you'd lose out on the interactive exchange and surprise flavor of the game. If you go over to the BBG site, people have posted solo variant rules for many games.

As the other poster said, Arkham Horror is very popular for a solo game, but the 4 hour gameplay and huge amount of space required seems overwhelmingly too daunting for me.

#5 Mejis

Mejis

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

rfox01 said:

As the other poster said, Arkham Horror is very popular for a solo game, but the 4 hour gameplay and huge amount of space required seems overwhelmingly too daunting for me.

Although the game does require considerable space, the 4 hour duration is not true at all. Once you understand the game mechanics, things flow very quickly. You can complete a solo game within 1-1.5hrs. If you start playing with 3+ investigators on your own then things start to take a bit longer, but I've never had a game cross the 3 hour mark.

#6 JKvam

JKvam

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

A spy/secret agent concept for solo play would be fun.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS