6 replies to this topic

#1 Goblin King

Goblin King

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

Nothing to talk about?

I have some suggestions.

First I love the Lord of the Ring articles that were being done and there was lots of chatter about some of them. How about some more? My local library has been hosting a twice monthly discussion on Lord of The Rings since September. There is a lot to talk about. If I can find podcast links to those discussions, I will link them here.

Next, there are about 25 fan created scenarios over on BGG, including those created by someone just hired by this company. Has anyone played some? What do you think? How about some new ones? I'm starting to work on a couple of ideas.

I'm obsessed with Aragorn right now. I've posted a couple of Aragon decks, but I would love to see more. Why don't people post more decks here? Why don't people comment more on decks posted here?

Another topic, has anyone created a resource list of Key words? Like how many cards have Secrecy now and what do they all do? How many Rohan cards are there now?

What about card combos? I was blown away by the infinate power loop that was created in the game during the last cycle. The funny thing to me is that nobody was talking about it here. It was kind of like Cardboard of the Rings podcast. Jared began laying out how the combo worked and the rest of the people on the podcast were completely in the dark. They didn't even see it until he walked them into it. I believe there are more interesting combos like that waiting to be discovered in the cards that exist. The designers are putting them in there intentionally.

#2 cordeirooo

cordeirooo

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

There is a document in BGG files with - supposedly - all the combos. 

Zwerg - a brilliant BGG user - recently created a LEGO model of Henneth Annun (hidden Outpost) and uploaded it to LEGO CUUSOO. Simply click on the link below the picture, register with CUUSOO (it's free of charge, and LEGO does not send spam). Then click on the green SUPPORT button.

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/45646

Zwerg is the guy who made those nice reports with LEGO pieces.

#3 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

cordeirooo said:

There is a document in BGG files with - supposedly - all the combos. 

all? surely not…..have you a link?

thanks

rich

Edit- found it. while it is impressive (and credit to the creator of course) it isnt all the complete combos…which would of course take a huge amount of time …heres some i came up with that werent on there:

- i see that glorfindel wasnt stated as combo-ing with anything other than light of valinor…..he also however combos great with elrond and strider and frodo

-also the hobbit gandalf had no combos- he combos well with the earlier gandalf by putting in the new first, letting threat go up, then sneaking in the old to lower threat (which would combo well with galadrims greetings)

-and yet another combo with strider

-path of need also had nothing- there are several that were discussed on this forum when it was released but one i came up with was using the not-so-useful dale scout to move progress off the attatched location

-nori, ori and thorin also combo well for a great 3 dwarf deck

-one that i was surprised wasnt on there is thrors map+asfaloth…..these two chomp through locations like nothing else

-expecting mischief also combos great with thalin

-daerons rune and we have not been idle let you have a smaller deck in effect

-peace and thought works well in theory with bilbo and frodo with fast hitches….having two heros exhausted after resfresh is hard, but with a 1 cost readying card, then its not too bad

as to the op - the reason very few people post on threads here is (as my original point) that they have no reason to come. i have never liked BGG but i know it is far more popular than this board. but why do people come to this one? the news….this is the first place it is posted, and that is why people join the forum even though they most likely prefer others.

this isnt just speculation either- some of said posters have actually said they were going for this very reason. as someoene who runs a blog site, i have direct info on how many page views i get per day- and when i dont post anything for a while, the views drop fast- the same is happening here

personally i just like the people on this board more and i have alot of friends here, but i dont think alot of people will have the same reasons

anyways- it will surely pick up in a week or so time when numenor is release, which i look forward to

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#4 cordeirooo

cordeirooo

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

I believe we have different definitions for 'combos'.
Also, the one with the Gandalfs, they are unique, how would you sneak the other in?

Zwerg - a brilliant BGG user - recently created a LEGO model of Henneth Annun (hidden Outpost) and uploaded it to LEGO CUUSOO. Simply click on the link below the picture, register with CUUSOO (it's free of charge, and LEGO does not send spam). Then click on the green SUPPORT button.

#5 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

cordeirooo said:

I believe we have different definitions for 'combos'.
Also, the one with the Gandalfs, they are unique, how would you sneak the other in?

that is probably true- (though i gave examples similar to the ones the list's creator gave…i personally see no difference there) i just use the term loosely for cards that combine well together to give a certain boost or effect, though i dont know of any other meaning?

the other gandalf leaves at the end of the round (after being in for a few rounds) then the old one gets sneaked in to lower threat

its no difference to galadrims greetings, apart from you can sneak gandalf in several times then play him. i usually have 2 new gandalfs and 1 old

rich

#6 cordeirooo

cordeirooo

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

I agree with you that yours are similar to the guy's spreadsheet. I checked only now, I've never downloaded it before, haha. Also, your definition is more accurate since that what the word 'combo' means, but I like to use 'combo' for when you have more interaction and at least 3 cards - it is a hard definition I created when playing L5R because every time someone used cards that were obviously intended to work together (like this three) and called it a combo my guts shrink and cried.

Like Sneak Attack + Gandalf (or any ally with an 'entering play' effect). ALTHOUGH, when you use that in a certain moment of the game (like the "Gandalf on Gandalf" action you mentioned earlier) I call it a combo.

Still, different definitions, that's all. :D

#7 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

cordeirooo said:

I agree with you that yours are similar to the guy's spreadsheet. I checked only now, I've never downloaded it before, haha. Also, your definition is more accurate since that what the word 'combo' means, but I like to use 'combo' for when you have more interaction and at least 3 cards - it is a hard definition I created when playing L5R because every time someone used cards that were obviously intended to work together (like this three) and called it a combo my guts shrink and cried.

Like Sneak Attack + Gandalf (or any ally with an 'entering play' effect). ALTHOUGH, when you use that in a certain moment of the game (like the "Gandalf on Gandalf" action you mentioned earlier) I call it a combo.

Still, different definitions, that's all. :D

ah i see what you mean- thanks for clearing that up, thought for a moment id made a fool of a took of myself

rich

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS