Hero vs Hero figure

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Badend

Badend

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

Many quests have townsfolk or NPCs that are treated as a "hero figure."  Others, such as in the Cardinal's Plight quest, have NPC's that are treated as a "hero."  What is the difference?

We have been playing that any hero or OL abilities that mention targeting a hero only work on figures treated as heroes, and not hero figures.  This means that all being a hero figure does is allows the heroes to move through it, and means that they can't make it the main target of their attack.

#2 golbeeze

golbeeze

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

That is the same way our group has played it. They aren't really clear on the distinction between "hero figure" and "hero."

#3 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

FFG is sometimes not as clear as they could be with their rules writing.  I'm pretty sure a "treated as a hero" and "treated as a hero figure" are meant to be the same thing.  For starters, all actual heroes are also figures, so I'm not even sure how the rules would work for a "hero" who isn't a "figure."

If you really want an official answer, you can always ask FFG via the Rules Questions link down at the bottom of the page.

#4 Badend

Badend

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

All heroes are hero figures, the question is whether all hero figures are also heroes.  I've emailed FF the rules question, and will post here if I get an answer.

#5 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

Badend said:

All heroes are hero figures, the question is whether all hero figures are also heroes.  I've emailed FF the rules question, and will post here if I get an answer.

I think you got that mixed up a bit, but we both know what you meant.  I did understand your point the first time around.

#6 Badend

Badend

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Just got a response for this from Adam Sadler:

There is no difference between the term "hero" and "hero figure" in the quest rules.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS