Two 150 point TIE Swarm Video Battle Reports I posted on youtube

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Here are two video batreps that took place at GameKnight in Winnipeg.

These are my first two games playing X-Wing Miniatures. I know that the tactics I used here might be suicidal once Assault Missiles come out.

First battle was my Vader and 10 TIE Fighters vs Kyle and Scott's 4 pumped-up Rebel Heroes (both sides at 150 points):

The second battle was my Vader and 10 TIE Fighters vs their 7 Rebel Starfighters (again, both sides at 150 points):

Anyhoo, very fun games. I'm really hoping for the Kessel Run event in the GameKnight store can get the Kessel Run package!

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters

23 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 69 kills versus 46 losses

#2 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

nice, I look forward to watching. The biggest game I did was all heroe on both sides (only a 3 point difference, Wedge, Luke, Biggs, Garven, Dutch, and Horton vs Darth Vader, Steele, howlrunner, mauler, nightbeast, darkcurse, wingundark, and backstabber. My rebels pulled out the victory with a surprising 3 kills from Horton

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#3 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Torresse said:

nice, I look forward to watching.

Nothing to stop you watching - they're right here:

watch

and here:

www.youtube.com/watch

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters

#4 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Sorry, I was having trouble with the link inserts. The two videos are here:

www.youtube.com/watch

and here:

www.youtube.com/watch

#5 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Looked very entertaining. Kind of scary seeing what a tie swarm can do. I think your opponents should have tried for a middleground of one or two pumped guys that were well supported by generics. Might have helped a bit. Just theory though.

#6 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Stormtrooper721 said:

Torresse said:

nice, I look forward to watching.

Nothing to stop you watching - they're right here:

watch

and here:

www.youtube.com/watch

my internet speed hindered me from watching it, I had to wait till I got back home to watch it. Though great report, you did a good job

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#7 Chairborne

Chairborne

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

Nice report. Thanks for taking the time to share that.

Further evidence that the TIE swarm is the list to beat right now. That kind of Firepower is scary..

#8 Daerambar

Daerambar

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Great report, thanks for including some of the post-game discussion. i always enjoy that part after our games :)

#9 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Tie swarms are so scary right now…..don't know if that was intended by the game designers…..hopefully the A-wing will balance it out

Great reports…well done

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS