• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WolfOfTheNorth

WolfOfTheNorth

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Hello all,

I have a quick question about player actions.

Player 1 declares attackers on player two. Both player can now take player actions, they both PASS.

Player 2 declares defenders, then player action window opens, and player 1 PASSES and player two uses Frozen outpost to stand one defending character. My question is: Can player 1 take another action like playing an event, if he has passed in the first place?

P.S. -out of topic though : is there anyway to cancel the "Bastard" attachment?  (Condition.
After you play Bastard from your hand, discard all other attachments on attached character.
Attached character gains the Bastard trait, loses a [Power] icon, and cannot have attachments played on it.
). I usually play stark, and that attachment, completely disables robb stark and i Lose GreyWind etc.

Thanks!

#2 JCWamma

JCWamma

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Yes, the player action window goes back and forth between the two players and doesn't end until both players pass consecutively.

For the PS, there's no way I know of to cancel the initial effect of Bastard. The only way to get round the latter part is to blank/destroy Bastard (and note that it doesn't say the character can't have attachments, just that you can't play them on them, so if you blank it with Meera Reed and use the time to throw on 5 attachments, they don't fall off next phase, and it also means you can still move attachments from the Maester's Path agenda onto a Maester with Bastard on it).

#3 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Only when all player consecutively pass do you move to the next point in the timing structure. So if you pass, and your opponent performs an action, you will always have the opportunity to take another action.

#4 WolfOfTheNorth

WolfOfTheNorth

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for replying!

#5 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

JCWamma said:

and it also means you can still move attachments from the Maester's Path agenda onto a Maester with Bastard on it.

It also means you can use Pale Steel Link to put into play an attachment on a character with Bastard attached.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS