Photo

Does anyone know what Zweihänder grim & perilous RPG is?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Warhammmer2eForever

Warhammmer2eForever

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Long time lurker, first time poster. I saw that the second edution Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay forums are no longer here. I went over to Strike To Stun and there's a forum for something called Zweihander Grim & perilous RPG. It looks like Warhammer, but different than third edition. Looks kind of like second edition.

Is that a new Warhammer product? Anyone else play testing it? I haven't seen any downloads for it here.

#2 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

It is an indepentend product develop by fans of WFRP. It followed the guidelines of WFRP2 for a long time but has evolved a bit further since. It is in no way an official product belonging to any line of Warhammer.

More of this upcoming (released hopefully at the beginning of next year) can be found at What is Grim&Perilous?

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#3 Spivo

Spivo

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Considering that the OP has visited the forums (strike), and under the assumption that he can read, and considering his username here, I'd say that the post was not meant as a question, but more a subtle hint-hint-hinte-ti-hint-hint to others that Twei-hander was around 

#4 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

Hsssss! Don't spoil this! :D

The official statement of the glorious Empire is that no such things as "Spivos" exist. They are like skaven. And by that I mean, silence. 

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#5 Daedalum

Daedalum

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Now that you put it like that, I'm reading forum Nicks but imagining ruddy great rat-men behind the keyboards everywhere. pecking away with filthy paws and chewing the tips of their tails.  

#6 GrimAndPerilous.com

GrimAndPerilous.com

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

Warhammmer2eForever said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. I saw that the second edution Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay forums are no longer here. I went over to Strike To Stun and there's a forum for something called Zweihander Grim & perilous RPG. It looks like Warhammer, but different than third edition. Looks kind of like second edition.

Is that a new Warhammer product? Anyone else play testing it? I haven't seen any downloads for it here.

Sorry for the late reply on this!

ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG is an independent retroclone of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. It has nothing to do with Fantasy Flight Games. It's being developed to support the Warhammer world, along with any other GM-created campaign that wishes to emulate a low fantasy and gritty "grim & perilous" playstyle. It fits a vision that parallels Andrzej Sapkowski's world of The Witcher, Glen Cook's Black Company and other Renaissance-inspired stories. There are very few RPGs which marries gritty violence and social intrigue with a mature tone. ZWEIHÄNDER is being written to cement this sort of playstyle with a universal ruleset (similar in application to GURPS).

As already mentioned, you can learn more about it over at http://grimandperilous.com or get weekly updates on its progress at http://www.facebook....grimandperilous

#7 GrimAndPerilous.com

GrimAndPerilous.com

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Speaking of ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG

Our new editor came onboard a few weeks ago. We’re in the middle of cleaning up the character creation chapter, and have outlined a few immediate considerations you’ll make when creating your first "Grim & Perilous" character. Take a look at a sample of what we’re writing, and let us know if we’re hitting close to the mark:

http://grimandperilous.com/?p=212 

#8 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

I love this part

"ZWEIHÄNDER assumes that player characters were normal, everyday people (or as normal as they could be in any fantasy world), until dire circumstances recast their fate."

It is something that wfrpg 3 took away from the warhammer world by opening a gap between PCs and NPCs, both in power level and game mechanics. I would love to see it back.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#9 gruntl

gruntl

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Thanks for the information, it sounds quite interesting. 

However, given that your RPG is not related to FFGs WFRP, and that your product is commercial I think you should be careful with posting advertisements in the FFG fora. I'm not saying you're breaching the TOS, but you're coming quite close (in my non-expert opinion).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS