Pirate faction?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Surtur

Surtur

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Do you think it's conceivable for FFG to put out a pirate faction or some hybrid thereof? Would you buy it and which pirate faction would you like it to be?

#2 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

I think it's possible. I'd like to see ships like the Z95, or the Virago or something. Yes, I would buy it, if for no other reason than to have it available to play. I'm guessing a faction of fringers would either be its own faction, or would be able to be included in other factions. I would prefer to see either Warlord Zsinj or Black Sun, but there are a myriad of different pirate clans out there that would suffice for such a venture.

The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

#3 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

I hope they decide to.  I agree that it is highly likely we'll see things like the Z-95 - so why not a neutral/pirate faction.

But, while you wait, if you want to do some kit bashing, try : http://www.afewmaneu...wforum.php?f=26

#4 Surtur

Surtur

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

What program are you using for those?

#5 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

I made them using JASC PaintShopPro.  A rather old program.  The newer version is made by Corel.

If you look in the resources forum section of the website, there are some nice templates posted there by a few members.  The one by Gecko is by far the best.  I will have to post some blanks of my Pirate, CorSec and Neutral factions when I get a chance :P

#6 Surtur

Surtur

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'm not too savvy with photoshopy kinds of stuff, but I'd like to try.

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'd love it if they did, but I think they should first fill out the rebel and imperial factions a bit more so that they can give the pirate faction an entire wave of ships for its release.

#8 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

Surtur said:

I'm not too savvy with photoshopy kinds of stuff, but I'd like to try.

Also in the resource section, is a link to Farkon's HTML card maker. Makes cards for you :)  You are limited to what currently exists for icons and card backs, but, you can make whatever you like within those parameters.

#9 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

I'd rather see it as a general "Fringe" faction rather than trying to pigeonhole it into Black Sun or something; that's way too limiting. Heck, you could even throw Hapans into "Fringe."

#10 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

A sort of outlaw, bandit, local defence force would be a fun third faction to build.  Since it now seem's obvious that Slave I will have a pilot will lower stats like the falcon's "Outer rim smuggler" pilot, then there is no reason not to think we will eventually see EU ships pop up.  The R-41 Starchaser would make a good model along with the Z-95.  Couple these with extra Millennium Falcon's acting as smuggler ships and Firesprays then you could have a deadly little force to go up against your rebel or imperial squadrons.

#11 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

You could even have a single model that comes with pilot cards that belong to different factions… for instance: the Z-95 could have a "pirate" pilot and a Rebel pilot included.

#12 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

dbmeboy said:

You could even have a single model that comes with pilot cards that belong to different factions… for instance: the Z-95 could have a "pirate" pilot and a Rebel pilot included.

I was thinking that might be the case with the Lambda Shuttle.

#13 Surtur

Surtur

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

ThadiusCole said:

A sort of outlaw, bandit, local defence force would be a fun third faction to build.  Since it now seem's obvious that Slave I will have a pilot will lower stats like the falcon's "Outer rim smuggler" pilot, then there is no reason not to think we will eventually see EU ships pop up.  The R-41 Starchaser would make a good model along with the Z-95.  Couple these with extra Millennium Falcon's acting as smuggler ships and Firesprays then you could have a deadly little force to go up against your rebel or imperial squadrons.

That would make the most sense, to just make a big homogenous "other" faction to be played as pirates, outer rim or what have you and then release like a booster pack of cards for it that adopt things like YT-1300s

#14 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Well the new MF has a pilot card called outer rim smuggler who has lower stats for the ship compared to Han, Chewie and Lando.

And yes the Z-95 would be a nice addition with say 2 rebel pilots from the EU and 2 outer rim pilots who can fill in as pirates and the like.  This could be done with a repaint of the Y-Wing and have it sold as an outer rim version of the fighter.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS