Bruno's Champ Design Card Leaked

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 GoTLove?

GoTLove?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

So I was talking to Bruno after he defeated Butzlaff in the joust final.  I was, you know, probing him for info about what kind of card he thought he would design.  I'd like to plan for all my future decks to include it.  Anyway… My tenacity paid off because he recently sent me this concept.

#2 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I like it. But, it should be just Targ, or just Targ and Martell. There are too many houses on it right now. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion

A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#3 mathlete

mathlete

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

GoTLove? said:

So I was talking to Bruno after he defeated Butzlaff in the joust final.  I was, you know, probing him. 

I like to be probed!

#4 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Tinygrimes told me Bruno wanted to make a Dickon Manwoody card.  I'm still hoping he makes Podrick Payne.

#5 bloodycelt

bloodycelt

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

If I recall it was something like:

Dirty Maester

Kneel all lady cards in play to end this phase.

This was after Damon told him flat out that he could not make a Hayden card.

But… that card was too powerful, so I think its going to be

Soft Bottom

Soft Bottom is always knelt.

Not sure about the point behind the card, but I assume there is a reason. 

#6 erockbaratheon

erockbaratheon

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Can we get the text on the card, For some reason, I cant see the photo.

#7 DubiousYak

DubiousYak

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Keggy said:

Tinygrimes told me Bruno wanted to make a Dickon Manwoody card.  I'm still hoping he makes Podrick Payne.

I vote for Podrick Payne!

#8 Danigral

Danigral

• Members
  • 801 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

erockbaratheon said:

Can we get the text on the card, For some reason, I cant see the photo.

It's this, but with the title Southern Cavalry Flank, and every house affiliation except Stark.

#9 MeatLoafX

MeatLoafX

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

I still think a Bran Stark card that reads "Bran Stark cannot stand" would be hilarious.

Probably because I'm immature. 

#10 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

MeatLoafX said:

I still think a Bran Stark card that reads "Bran Stark cannot stand" would be hilarious.

I know someone had an idea that there should be a Bran Attachment - Attached character gains +2 STR and an INT Icon. If attached character is Hodor, Hodor loses the ally trait and can now attack.

#11 Rogue Cypher

Rogue Cypher

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

dcdennis said:

MeatLoafX said:

I know someone had an idea that there should be a Bran Attachment - Attached character gains +2 STR and an INT Icon. If attached character is Hodor, Hodor loses the ally trait and can now attack.

That… would be… amazing.

Also, I'm still the only one who keeps hoping a Champion designs a Mad King card, huh? :( I just want my crazy Targaryen King already.

#12 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

DubiousYak said:

Keggy said:

You'd think that after 10 years he'd have at least 1 card.

#13 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

Keggy said:

DubiousYak said:

Keggy said:

You'd think that after 10 years he'd have at least 1 card.

There has been one Podrick, way back in A Song of Twilight.

http://www.agotcards.org/card/v/2743

We need Podrick. Is he the most significant character not yet in the LCG card pool? Maybe some House Arryn people.

#14 jrichardf

jrichardf

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Now that's funny.

#15 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

dcdennis said:

Too bad the only Hodor we have can't have attachments…

#16 Rogue Cypher

Rogue Cypher

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Skowza said:

dcdennis said:

Too bad the only Hodor we have can't have attachments…

Change the text of the Bran attachment:

"Attached character gains +2 STR and an INT Icon.

If Hodor is in play, this attachment ignores/bypasses the "No attachments." text on Hodor. Remove the Ally trait from Hodor. Hodor can now attack."

Simple fix, really.

#17 widowmaker93

widowmaker93

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Yeah the Mad King would be amazing! Who wouldn't want to be burning some people alive?!

Also, the Bran card could just be a unique event called "Let's go Hodor" that reads -

Action : Treat Hodor's text box as though it were blank, then attach Let's Go Hodor to Hodor as a Condition attachment. Hodor gets +2 Str and gains Stealth. 

Done.

#18 Rogue Cypher

Rogue Cypher

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

widowmaker93 said:

Yeah the Mad King would be amazing! Who wouldn't want to be burning some people alive?!

Also, the Bran card could just be a unique event called "Let's go Hodor" that reads -

Action : Treat Hodor's text box as though it were blank, then attach Let's Go Hodor to Hodor as a Condition attachment. Hodor gets +2 Str and gains Stealth. 

Done.

But that still qualifies as an "Attachment". So it wouldn't work.

Best bet would be just to release a new version of Hodor designed around the Bran attachment, a new Summer, a new Meera and a new Jojen. Let them all work somewhat in-sync with each other while also having abilities that interact well with other cards too.

#19 Sokhar

Sokhar

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

And the likelihood that anyone would consider using a new version of Meera in their deck as opposed to the current one is?….somewhere around the odds of Christina Hendricks finally returning my phonecalls?  :-P

I second (third?) the motion for a Mad King champion card.

#20 widowmaker93

widowmaker93

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Rogue Cypher said:

widowmaker93 said:

Done.

But that still qualifies as an "Attachment". So it wouldn't work.

Best bet would be just to release a new version of Hodor designed around the Bran attachment, a new Summer, a new Meera and a new Jojen. Let them all work somewhat in-sync with each other while also having abilities that interact well with other cards too.

oh, yeah I wasn't think about that since his text box would be blank. I would have to add that to the attachment effect as well though to make it last more than one phase.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS