Will we ever see…

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

So my friend and I were talking about the game and the future possibilities and he brought up the Chiss claw fighter, which of course got us thinking about other factions like the Chiss and Vong. Any thoughts on the likelyhood of us ever seeing them in this game?

#2 AliciaG

AliciaG

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Likely not since this seems to be based on the classic movies (Ep 4-6). 
Once more movies start coming out it's possible we'll see "spin off" editions. 

#3 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

If I had to pose a wild guess, I'd say that Wave 3 would look something like this:

• B-wing (Rebel)
  • TIE Bomber (Imperial)
  • Lambda-class Shuttle (Both)

Yep, I'm putting my money on there being a ship that both factions get to play, with unique pilots for each side.

#4 Surtur

Surtur

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

AliciaG said:

Likely not since this seems to be based on the classic movies (Ep 4-6). 
Once more movies start coming out it's possible we'll see "spin off" editions. 

Not quite. A huge number of pilots come from expanded universe stuff. This makes me hopeful that I'll see stuff from the old video game Tie Fighter.

#5 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

I also wouldn't mind seeing a TIE Defender or a TIE Hunter, although i do think ships that can play either side are coming, like maybe a Z95 or something. B-wing would be cool, and there are tons of EU rebel ships, like the E-wing and K-wing as possibilities as well.

The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

#6 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Surtur said:

This makes me hopeful that I'll see stuff from the old video game Tie Fighter.

You mean like Maarek Steele?

#7 Surtur

Surtur

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Tawnos said:

Surtur said:

This makes me hopeful that I'll see stuff from the old video game Tie Fighter.

You mean like Maarek Steele?

I want him in a tie avenger or defender. But also gunboat and missile boat showing up would be cool. And for missions it would be cool to have models of the storm trooper transports, freighters and cargo containers (though they seem to have made some tokens of one of them). And maybe some minefield tokens. Oh and those tie phantoms from rebel assault. And all the bounty hunter's ships. And like everything else. >.> This game has gotten me more excited for Star Wars than anything else has in a long time. That's really sad. :(

#8 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

No, no TIE Phantoms.  I hated those damned things.

The Firespray is going to have mines.  I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some EU ships eventually, but not before they run out of movie ships to use.

Hopefully we'll just skip right over the prequel ships.

#9 Surtur

Surtur

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Tawnos said:

No, no TIE Phantoms.  I hated those damned things.

The Firespray is going to have mines.  I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some EU ships eventually, but not before they run out of movie ships to use.

Hopefully we'll just skip right over the prequel ships.

Why didn't you like the phantoms? Design or concept of cloaking Tie Fighters?

So it's not going to drop capsules that cause everyone in the theater to go deaf?

I can agree to some extent on the prequels, mostly because it causes the tech scale to get really wonky, but some EU does that too.

#10 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Well, technically those "sonic charges" from Episode 2 were mines.

I meant that I hated fighting the TIE Phantoms.  That game was hard as hell.

#11 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Tawnos said:

If I had to pose a wild guess, I'd say that Wave 3 would look something like this:

• B-wing (Rebel)
  • TIE Bomber (Imperial)
  • Lambda-class Shuttle (Both)

Yep, I'm putting my money on there being a ship that both factions get to play, with unique pilots for each side.

I was thinking the same thing. Just need a comparabley sized rebel ship to go opposite the Lambda.

In some wave after that I'd also love to see TIE Defenders.

#12 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

I would be happy to see Wave 3 contain:

B-Wing

Z-95 Headhunter

TIE Bomber

Lambda Shuttle

I know the Z-95 is a bit of a thorny issue for some who feel it's too similar to the X-Wing, but since the Millennium Falcon has a pilot card that has different stats from the movie characters called "Outer rim smuggler" then the Z-95 can easily fit a pirate/bandit/local defence force setup.

Here is a link from A few maneuvers who posted a tonne of information regarding how the Falcon works and it's new rules etc.  BE WARNED IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK THE LINK :)

www.afewmaneuvers.com/forums/viewtopic.php

#13 LaughingTree

LaughingTree

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

I would much rather see ships from the video games (like KOTOR) and Clone Wars instead of the far into the future EU stuff.

#14 Zehmyan

Zehmyan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

granted, I'm new to the forum and this game, but I have been thinking about this non-stop.

wrack my brains as much as I can, I cannot come up with a very long list of fighters unless I start delving into expanded universe stuff, and in short order, if this game is going to have legs stretching into the future, the other trilogies will have to be added. Obviously the prequels first, in order to give them time to reach the new movie slated for 2015, and when we get there, the merchandising will have reached a new height, redefining "fever pitched".

The original trilogy, and the expanded universe surrounding it offers these options, some of which are already capitalized on: 

A-wing
B-wing
E-wing
V-wing
X-wing
Y-wing
Z-95 Headhunter
TIE Fighter IN
TIE Fighter Advanced X1
TIE Bomber SA
TIE Bomber GT
TIE Interceptor
TIE Avenger
TIE Defender
Lambda Class imperial shuttle
Slave 1
Mist Hunter
Hound's tooth
IG-1000
The Punishing One
Millenium Falcon
Wild Carde
Outrunner

after that, the well runs pretty dry unless you start looking at the Prequels:

ARC-170 starfighter
Droid starfighter
Droid tri-fighter
General Grievous' starfighter
Count Duku's Genoshian Solar Sailer
Geonosian fanblade starfighter
Geonosian starfighter
Hornet Interceptor
Jedi interceptor
Jedi starfighter
Naboo N-1 starfighter
P-38 starfighter
V-19 Torrent starfighter
Vulture Droid starfighter
Jango Fett's Slave 1

So there might be enough to keep fantasy flight rolling until 2015, but well, if so, It's most likely going to come off the above list in some form or other. I'd like to see more cross-faction stuff. Zuckus & 4Lom worked for both the Empire and the rebellion in their career, so the mist hunter could be cross-compatible. As mentioned above, the Lambda shuttle's named version, the Tyderium, was actually a Rebel controlled ship. Mara Jade herself was on both sides of the force, so the Z-95 headhunter pack could contain both a light side and dark side version of her pilot card, as well as a light and dark side generic pilot!

For Wave three, I'd like to see:

• Z-95 Headhunter
…Mara Jade (Light Side)
…Mara Jade (Dark Side)
…Outer Rim Mercenary (Light Side)
…Outer Rim Mercenary (Dark Side)

• B-Wing Bomber
…Keyan Farlander
…Blue Squadron Pilot
…Slayn & Korpil Test Pilot

• TIE Bomber SA
…Rymer
…Jonus
…Scimitar Sqadron Pilot
…TIE Bombadier

• Mist Hunter
…Zuckus (Light Side)
…Zuckus (Dark Side)
…standard G-1A transport
…4-LOM (as a droid card)

#15 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

Clone wars era ships would look cool but really compared to the galactic civil war and EU period they aren't as interesting.  The prequel trilogy had virtually no space battles of worth unlike the classic scenes from ANH and ROTJ.

That isn't to say i would be against clone wars models, but I would like to see them added as a new expansion box with some new rules.  I wouldn't mind getting a few techno union fighters and V-19 Torrents, but not until we get all of the original trilogy ships and a few EU fighters :)

#16 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

ThadiusCole said:

That isn't to say i would be against clone wars models, but I would like to see them added as a new expansion box with some new rules.  I wouldn't mind getting a few techno union fighters and V-19 Torrents, but not until we get all of the original trilogy ships and a few EU fighters :)

I'd love a seperate Battle of Hoth expansion with Snowspeeders, Golan and Atgar cannons, AT-ATs, and AT-STs sold inividually and a box set with its own rules for a ground battle and some kind of shield generator piece plus maybe an AT-AT and Snowspeeder (or just 2 snowspeeders if you don't mind the box not having any Imp pieces). I'd go broke on those.

#17 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

I would hope that they keep things to the Episodes IV-VI.

I don't really want to see TIE defenders or Skipray Blastboats.

I want this to be a game about the core ships of Star Wars.

I don't want tournaments to show us who would win between a a fleet of 2 TIE Defenders backed up with 2 Chis fighters against

Arc-117's and a couple of old republic fighters.

It would be fine of the play of the game but it hurts the narative

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#18 Zehmyan

Zehmyan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

another wave I'd love to see would have:

• Dash Dendar's Outrunner (fringe/rebel)

• Virago (Fringe/Dark Sun)

• Bossk's Hound's Tooth (Fringe/Imperial)

• Kom'rk-class fighter/transport (Fringe/Mandalorian)

#19 MechaBri.Zilla

MechaBri.Zilla

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

If they do decide to go Clone Wars, I'd like to see a clean break between settings.  Like WWI and WWII for WoW.  No crossover.  Though I think some of the ship design was about the only cool thing to come out of the prequels (though of course almost all derivative) I like that this feels like the original series to me.  In fact, it's the first SW anything that has gotten me excited since Lucas started fiddling with the original trilogy.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS