Here are my yet untested house rules for the Nurgle enthusiasts in my group. Feel free to comment or use.
= Let's Get Infected! =
Make your own Nurgle's Blessing! Use Medicae for a crafting test after choosing modifiers. Total of chosen modifiers cannot exceed -60 or +60.
The GM may assign modifiers for existing samples, equipment or other factors.
== DISEASE ATTRIBUTES (choose one or several) ==
The toughness test to resist disease effects is challenging (+0). For each additional -10, resisting specific effects may be made more difficult by -10.
* fever-inducing: test toughness daily or suffer fatigue equal to failure levels -10
* hemorrhaging: test toughness daily or suffer Blood Loss -20
* collapsing: test toughness daily or die -30
* wasting: test toughness daily or suffer d5 [choose: STR, AGI, TOU, INT, WP] ability damage -10
* deteriorating: test toughness daily or suffer d5 [choose: STR, AGI, INT, WP; attn.: not TOU] permanent ability damage -20
== DURATION ==
* parasite - permanent -30
* viral - temporary 5d10 days -10
* bacterial - temporary d10 days +0
== PERSISTANCE ==
For each -10 or +10, victims gain the modifier to their toughness tests to resist an infection. The baseline modifier to resist infection is +0.
== ANTIBIOTE RESISTANCE ==
For each +10 or -10, producing a cure and/or vaccination becomes equally more or less challenging. The baseline modifier and time to produce a vaccine is equal to the difficulty to produce the disease sample.
== INFECTION ==
* poison (ingestion or injection only) +20
* fluid exchange +10
* touch -10
* airborne -30
== INCUBATION TIME ==
* fast (day approx.): +0
* medium (week approx.) -10
* slow (month approx.) -20
== GRANDFATHER'S BLESSING ==
* conduct RITUAL with +0 modifier; gain +10 for each success level for disease crafting test. Ritualists must resist infection from one of Papa's blessings after successful ritual. Failure indicates Contempt of the Warp.
= Crafting and time benchmarks =
Crafting roll success and failure modifies time needed to produce a sample one step per level.
Quantity: adjust time modifier for one step for more samples as per aquisition quantity to craft more samples, with one sample being at +10 to test. Benchmark presumes only one sample produced.
* +60 6d10 minutes
* +50 d5 hours
* +40 d10 hours
* +30 2d10 hours
* +20 day
* +10 d5 days
* +0 d10 days
* -10 d5 weeks
* -20 2d5 weeks
* -30 d5 months
* -40 2d5 months
* -50 - year
* -60 - d5 years
= Example disease: Iocanthian Groin-Rot =
The Groin-Rot transmits only by exchange of fluids (+10). The first symptoms begin only after a month or so, making it hard to detect and easy to spread by accident (-20). The effects of the parasite are painfully permanent (-30), making the victim suffer permanent d5 Strength damage daily if a Toughness test is failed (-20) and a high fever if another Tougness test is failed (-10). The fever is particularily persistent, making the roll to resist it -10 more difficult (-10). Luckily, the infection can usually be resisted by fit individuals (+20 to resistance) and the Iocanthian shamans have found many herbs to treat the parasite (+10 to antidote).
TOTAL MODIFIER TO CRAFT: -40 Medicae test and 2d5 months of work to produce one (+10) working sample.