• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

1. Forest Spider shadow card question

Shadow: Defending player must choose and discard 1 attachment he controls.

If one player engaged it, the other player use a Sentinel card to defend it. Whos affected by the shadow? Engaged player or Sentinel player?

2. Core set Quest 3, object 1, 2, 3 cards

After object  1 is attached by a location card with "surge" keyword, the next encounter card is considered to be a surged card. My question is,

is this surged encounter card attached to object 2, or we just put it aside, then flip the next encounter card, attach it to object 2?

3. Several cards question:

a. A Light in the Dark , pay 2 and return one engaged enemy back to the staging area, is anyone using this card?

b. Gandalf's Search, we have Imladris Stargazer to look at the top 5 cards, why do we still need to pay for this?

c. I would always like to get Northern Tracker(1/2/2/3) rather than paying 1 less to get Lorien Guide(1/1/0/2), Why is Lorien Guide like a resource 2 ally to me?

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Cutievalkyrie said:

If one player engaged it, the other player use a Sentinel card to defend it. Whos affected by the shadow? Engaged player or Sentinel player?

2. Core set Quest 3, object 1, 2, 3 cards

After object  1 is attached by a location card with "surge" keyword, the next encounter card is considered to be a surged card. My question is,

is this surged encounter card attached to object 2, or we just put it aside, then flip the next encounter card, attach it to object 2?

3. Several cards question:

a. A Light in the Dark , pay 2 and return one engaged enemy back to the staging area, is anyone using this card?

b. Gandalf's Search, we have Imladris Stargazer to look at the top 5 cards, why do we still need to pay for this?

c. I would always like to get Northern Tracker(1/2/2/3) rather than paying 1 less to get Lorien Guide(1/1/0/2), Why is Lorien Guide like a resource 2 ally to me?

1. i believe the defending player is still the engaged player- the sentinel is just helping out

2.the surged card is put to the staging area then another card is drawn to guard the next objective. if this is a surge then that is put aside and another drawn for the third

a-no but it has its uses. its one of those 'situational cards'. so perhaps you have lowered your threat and no longer want to be engaged with a high threat enemy

b-gandalfs search allows you to pay X where X is the amount looked at. so in theory you could spend say 7 and look at more than stargazer. this is a huge waste of resources however so the card is a weak one…..albeit with amazing art work. this was a core set card so was the only way to do this for a while (unless im forgetting a card)

c-whilst tracker places on locations in staging area, guide places them on the active locations. tracker is more powerful but there will be times when you want the power on the active location

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 jjeagle

jjeagle

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

richsabre said:

Cutievalkyrie said:

1. i believe the defending player is still the engaged player- the sentinel is just helping out

This is in the FAQ:

Q: If a player does not declare any defenders against an
attack, is he still considered the defending player?
A: Yes, the player an enemy is attacking is considered
to be the defending player. Whether or not he declares
defenders, and whether or not any other player
declares defenders for him, does not change his status
as the defending player for the attack.

"I have no help to send, therefore I must go myself."

#4 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

For 3c,

is the active location still in the staging area, if yes, everyone will prefer northern tracker.

#5 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

For 3c,

is the active location still in the staging area, if yes, everyone will prefer northern tracker.

#6 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Cutievalkyrie said:

For 3c,

no it is no longer in the staging area, otherwise it would still contribute threat

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS