Not exactly news, but…

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

The question of how long FFG hold the Star Wars license for has come up a lot recently, so over the weekend I thought I'd just put the question to them - after all, what's the worst that could happen? And this is the answer I got from Jeremy Stomberg:

You're right, we don't divulge info on private business agreements. However, we have many planned items over numerous years. 

Which has kinda excited me, even though it's nothing solid in the slightest. My definition of "numerous" is most likely different to Mr Stomberg's, but even so! I just thought I'd share this with everyone, in case anyone finds it interesting 

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#2 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Good to know, I suppose, but I also wouldn't worry too much. FFG has obviously committed a whole lot to the Star Wars license, and they wouldn't do that if they weren't secure in their agreement with Lucasfilm. I think it's probably a boon to them that they don't have the rights to Star Wars board games, as it narrows the field of competitors who might try and snipe out their license.

And no real reason to worry about Disney; they bought Star Wars because it's a massive cash cow. Cutting off existing licenses undercuts the franchise's value. Maybe it might make it more expensive for FFG to re-up with Disney whenever it is that their license needs to be renewed, but by then, all three of their Star Wars product lines should be chugging along nicely.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS