• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Looks like they finally provided clarification regarding tracked vehicles:

"Q: “Tracked Vehicle” is listed on one of my unit cards. Are there special rules for tracked vehicles? If so, what are they?

A: Yes. Tracked vehicles, though considerably powerful, are not as agile as walkers. Due to their cumbersome nature, tracked vehicles cannot move diagonally."

They also indicated that the Nikita is supposed to have the Reload skill for its weapon.

#2 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Yeah :/  Evidently a man inside a Command Vehicle can repair another tank outside, or bandage up a fallen comrade, but can't stick his head over the top to direct artillery fire.  Sometimes I don't think these FFG guy's have a clue.

#3 SeismicShock

SeismicShock

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Major Mishap said:

Yeah :/  Evidently a man inside a Command Vehicle can repair another tank outside, or bandage up a fallen comrade, but can't stick his head over the top to direct artillery fire.  Sometimes I don't think these FFG guy's have a clue.

I guess the logic is adjacency vs line of sight… weird

#4 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Well logic never was a strong side of DT :D

#5 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Well, can we now drop this bull that ALL artillery weapons automatically need to reload, then?

Also strange that they did not correct Yakov's card to state his Acid Thrower is a Flame Weapon.

#6 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Yakov is not supposed to have a flame weapon.

#7 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Has this been answered definitively? That it was NOT a mistake like on the Stefan card?

#8 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

It's the same exact statline as the sulfur thrower, there should be something to make it different. I would agree that possibly it's correct on the card.

#9 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

blkdymnd said:

It's the same exact statline as the sulfur thrower, there should be something to make it different. I would agree that possibly it's correct on the card.

My thinking is exactly the opposite. It's the exact same line as the sulfur thrower, and the weapon itself looks exactly the same, therefore they are basically the same weapon and should operate the same way. The name change could be some lack of revision as the name evolved (acid = sulfuric acid) or they just gave them different names to make the hero's weapon seem more unique.

#10 TallDwarf

TallDwarf

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

This FAQ is v 1.6, did anyone see v 1.5? I like the fact that they highlight new items in red but there are quite a few changes that are not in red since maybe they were changed in the v1.5 that I never saw.

One key change is Han's grenade now no longer ignores cover although in the forums someone (perhaps Loophole Master) mentioned that it did ignore cover. Rule reversal is confusing and a pain in the butt. 

#11 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Wut? It used to ingore cover!

Wow, it is RLY stated there, i was sure they once told us it ignores cover!

And no cover ignore for the aicid throwe makes sence to make those weapons diffrent.

#12 golem101

golem101

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

The Hans no longer ignores cover with its anti infantry weapons?

Well, here's another light walker to the scrapyard…

#13 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Now from 6 light walkers only 2 have any sense on the battelfield..

#14 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

golem101 said:

The Hans no longer ignores cover with its anti infantry weapons?

Well, here's another light walker to the scrapyard…

And what's more they errata'd in Warfare to give Hans to ignore cover when the rules said it didn't.  WTF FFG, get some consistancy with your stats and weapons!

#15 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

WOW. Yeah, I didn't catch that change. It was in an official answer to me a long time ago that they stated that the Granate Werfer was indeed a Grenade Weapon that ignores cover. And now they take it back?

Not that I think this makes the Hans useless, it's still a decent walker for the price. But this constant back and forth is frustrating. Specially baffling if they did the exact opposite in Warfare.

#16 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Do only i have a feeling we schould take over the rules and player questions of this game?

#17 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

No, it's occurred to me before…

#18 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

My fear is the company is only interested in pushing product and the game has become secondary. Like AT-43 the QC seems to be lacking but in the opposite area.

#19 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Got an official answer from Zach today on Yakov's Acid Thrower:

"It is not a misprint. Yakov's Acid Thrower does not ignore cover."

Well, that's that. I find it pretty weird that acid does not ignore cover, but there you go. SSU heroes overall seem generally weak and overpriced.

#20 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

You recently asked a question about Dust Tactics:

Rule Question:
Hey guys,
Just checking to see if Yakov's acid thrower really is not a 'flame weapon' or if there was possibly a misprint as in Stephan's card. Thanks very much.

It is not a misprint. Yakov's Acid Thrower is not a flame weapon and does not ignore cover.

I hope this has answered your question. Happy Gaming! :)

Zach Tewalthomas

Back to Dust Tactics

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS
About Fantasy Flight Games
Professional Zone