Jump to content



Photo

Favorite Theme Decks for the Future


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LMKComaBlack

LMKComaBlack

    Member

  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

 

Jawas.  Lots of them.  A mass of gibbering brown Jawas that run back to your hand (the sandcrawler) when you kill them.  Ion cannons, broken droids, and the cheapest rush deck you could imagine.

 

I know people have been talking about Ewoks.  I get it.  But I could handle getting trounced by ewoks.  Jawas?  That's just insulting.



#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

    The Uncanny One

  • Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

 I've always liked jawas. I dressed up as one for Halloween back in middle school. I wonder if they'll be available for both light side and dark side, or just one. I agree that a Tatooine cycle would be awesome. I'd love to see dewbacks and sandtroopers.


"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku


#3 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

    Member

  • Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

 I like how jawas worked in SWCCG… I am interested in seeing what they do here.  And.. gimme sandpeople



#4 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

 Jawas and sandpeople are the main reason I'm curious about FFG's choice in not having a "neutral" subset (i.e. non-light, non-dark). Both act primarily as antagonists in the films, but they're not evil. I understand the justification in making bounty hunters dark side, because they serve the highest bidder which is usually the Empire. But when you talk about Jawas it starts becoming really grey. Probably the most evil thing I ever remember about the Jawas is that they had a boss in Super Star Wars for the SNES  that was just IMPOSSIBLE to kill…



#5 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

    The Uncanny One

  • Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

 You guys are going to get sick of me saying this (if you're not already) but I'm just super excited to make a bounty hunter deck based on the 6 ESB bounty hunters -- especially Zuckuss and 4-LOM. And with the announcement of the Edge of Darkness expansion mentioned at the end of the rulebook, I'm even more excited. After reading through the spoiled card list, Scum and Villainy is the one that really got me the most excited. I can't wait to start capturing some enemy units!


"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku


#6 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

    Member

  • Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

MarthWMaster said:

 Jawas and sandpeople are the main reason I'm curious about FFG's choice in not having a "neutral" subset (i.e. non-light, non-dark). Both act primarily as antagonists in the films, but they're not evil. I understand the justification in making bounty hunters dark side, because they serve the highest bidder which is usually the Empire. But when you talk about Jawas it starts becoming really grey. Probably the most evil thing I ever remember about the Jawas is that they had a boss in Super Star Wars for the SNES  that was just IMPOSSIBLE to kill…

So did you ever make it to Super Empire Strikes back? 

And I think the Ewoks are light side neutral, kinda like the lizardmen are order neutral in Warhammer 



#7 spalanzani

spalanzani

    Member

  • Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Budgernaut said:

 You guys are going to get sick of me saying this (if you're not already) but I'm just super excited to make a bounty hunter deck based on the 6 ESB bounty hunters -- especially Zuckuss and 4-LOM. And with the announcement of the Edge of Darkness expansion mentioned at the end of the rulebook, I'm even more excited. After reading through the spoiled card list, Scum and Villainy is the one that really got me the most excited. I can't wait to start capturing some enemy units!

What what WHAT?! Edge of Darkness?! Spoiled card lists?!


www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.


#8 alpha5099

alpha5099

    Member

  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

MarthWMaster said:

 

 Jawas and sandpeople are the main reason I'm curious about FFG's choice in not having a "neutral" subset (i.e. non-light, non-dark). Both act primarily as antagonists in the films, but they're not evil. I understand the justification in making bounty hunters dark side, because they serve the highest bidder which is usually the Empire. But when you talk about Jawas it starts becoming really grey. Probably the most evil thing I ever remember about the Jawas is that they had a boss in Super Star Wars for the SNES  that was just IMPOSSIBLE to kill…

 

 

Tusken Raiders seem like they'd fit into Scum and Villainy. It's a bit harsh for them, but they are generally portrayed as antagonistic to the good guys in the films and games, and they exist on the fringe of society so they feel like they'd be at home in that faction. Jawas, I think we'll see as Neutral Light Side. They'd have to be Neutral, I can't see them in any faction. And given that their major contribution (in the films at least) is getting the droids to the Skywalkers, makes sense for them to be Light Side.



#9 alpha5099

alpha5099

    Member

  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

Double-post. Ignore.



#10 DrNate

DrNate

    Member

  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

LMKComaBlack said:

I know people have been talking about Ewoks.  I get it.  But I could handle getting trounced by ewoks.  Jawas?  That's just insulting.

Same. I watched RotJ a ton of times and I can still see that as eye-rollingly cute as those Ewoks are, they are clearly a force to be reckoned with. They dominated everyone they crossed paths with. they eluded Palpatine's visions of the future. I will include them in every deck that I can.

I'd like more Ewoks, needless to say. And I second the Bounty Hunting deck idea mentioned above. I also want to be able to build a deck around my favorite characters: Lando, Chewie and R2. Maybe Porkins. 






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS