• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

I've been looking around the various wiki's and whatnot, unable to find something along the lines of this. There's clearly a good number of Space Marine Honours, and Imperial Guard Medals enough to be strewn across the galaxy, but, as I'm fluffing out a potential character of mine that served as an Admiral in the Imperial Fleet, I wanted to see if I could find a list of Imperial Navy commandations/medals/honours….

…and came up empty.

Anyone seen anything like it anywhere? Or know of some that have been mentioned?

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#2 Alasseo

Alasseo

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Have a look at the Battlefleet Gothic rulebook. Pp. 90-91, there's a double page spread with the senior officers of the HDMS Divine Right (including Lord Admiral Ravensburg). All of the officers have at least one bit of fruit salad, and at least one citation for valour.
I've actually listed the Lord Admiral's honours in this thread.*

If you look through the Sabbat Worlds Crusade background book, there is a similar potted history and list of honours for several officers in there. I'm pretty sure that includes at least one Admiral.

There is some crossover between IG and IN honours and commendations, understandably, since they are both part of the Departmento Munitorum.

As an admiral, he's almost certain to hold the Honorifica Imperialis (of whichever segmentum. If he'd served anywhere near the Koronus Expanse, then odds are it'd be the Obscurus Honorifica), and unless he's been supernaturally lucky, at least one Medallion Crimson. Add a sprinkling of mid-range honours based on where he's served and you're golden.

Fun fact- the most highly decorated officer aboard the Divine Right isn't the Admiral. It's Fleet Commissar Severin (OHI; SHI; TS; GS; SCM; MC; 49 citations). Most impressively, he'd earned those in under 30 years of service…

There is no right, and no wrong, but having the bigger stick makes it so...

#3 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Alasseo said:

Have a look at the Battlefleet Gothic rulebook. Pp. 90-91, there's a double page spread with the senior officers of the HDMS Divine Right (including Lord Admiral Ravensburg). All of the officers have at least one bit of fruit salad, and at least one citation for valour.
I've actually listed the Lord Admiral's honours in this thread.*

If you look through the Sabbat Worlds Crusade background book, there is a similar potted history and list of honours for several officers in there. I'm pretty sure that includes at least one Admiral.

There is some crossover between IG and IN honours and commendations, understandably, since they are both part of the Departmento Munitorum.

As an admiral, he's almost certain to hold the Honorifica Imperialis (of whichever segmentum. If he'd served anywhere near the Koronus Expanse, then odds are it'd be the Obscurus Honorifica), and unless he's been supernaturally lucky, at least one Medallion Crimson. Add a sprinkling of mid-range honours based on where he's served and you're golden.

Fun fact- the most highly decorated officer aboard the Divine Right isn't the Admiral. It's Fleet Commissar Severin (OHI; SHI; TS; GS; SCM; MC; 49 citations). Most impressively, he'd earned those in under 30 years of service…

Wow, thanks a lot, that will be extremely helpful. And nah, he's definitely not supremely lucky; he's lost an eye, half of his skull and there's a reason he's hanging around Iniquity. After losing his entire battlegroup near the Hadex anomaly, commandeering another ship to get the hell out of there, I say he's earned those 4d10+1d5+19 Insanity Points he's starting with…

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS