Rule Book Scan/PDF?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 FreemindGraphx

FreemindGraphx

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

Can someone who got the game this weekend post some scans of the rule book, or maybe FFG could just post an official PDF of it? I'm checking out all these preview cards in a weird vacuum since I have no idea how the game plays. I've seen some demos, but I'd really like to see the complete rules for a better understanding. I know someone else already started a thread about this, but it's hard to tell from the subject line.  Hopefully this will have better luck. This is my first LCG/FFG game and I'm really looking forward to it!

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Andy who helped upload the text spoiler has said he is going to try to scan it at work today.

#3 Cornforce

Cornforce

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Here is the link from cardgamedb for the rulebook black and white scans:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwqeUlywmES3aG9Tcm01MkJUeVU/edit?pli=1

#4 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

I really should have read this thread before the others! So Balance of the Force in the first half of 2013, along with (most of) the Hoth cycle and Edge of Darkness (presumably)? Seems like this game is going to be launched with a very big bang! 

I always think of LCG releases in terms of Lord of the Rings, which was my first, and which was plagued by so many delays that there was, what, six months between the core set and first adventure pack? Hopefully, this won't be repeated here!

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#5 FreemindGraphx

FreemindGraphx

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for the info Cornforce! I'm now more pumped than ever to get my hands on this.

#6 wormiespice

wormiespice

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

you would think that ffg would put the rulebook offically as so many people have access to a copy ( those at worlds )and can post it on forums and websites of their own 

#7 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

wormiespice said:

you would think that ffg would put the rulebook offically as so many people have access to a copy ( those at worlds )and can post it on forums and websites of their own 

They very well might today. Keep in mind yesterday was a holiday in the states (Veterans Day) and they are likely recovering from the weekend of World championship events.

#8 houjix1138

houjix1138

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Toqtamish said:

wormiespice said:

They very well might today. Keep in mind yesterday was a holiday in the states (Veterans Day) and they are likely recovering from the weekend of World championship events.

Very few places outside of banks and federal offices actually close down on Veteran's Day. Plus Worlds was literally in their backyard. No excuses. Put up the rules you Nerf herders!

J/K. (Except the Nerf herder part. I meant that.)

#9 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

I've already read the scanned rulebook so I am in no rush anymore. Other than to get the actual cards but Cardgamedb is up to 33 spoiled cards now so I might just proxy some to get some early gaming in while I wait for the product. It is a shame more things don't close for Veterans day down there.

#10 houjix1138

houjix1138

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

Toqtamish said:

I've already read the scanned rulebook so I am in no rush anymore. Other than to get the actual cards but Cardgamedb is up to 33 spoiled cards now so I might just proxy some to get some early gaming in while I wait for the product. It is a shame more things don't close for Veterans day down there.

Oh, I have the rulebook and spoilers too, but the cross references are hard to follow without page numbers and the fluff pages from the front being left out. Plus I'm a sucker for color

#11 AshesFall

AshesFall

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

houjix1138 said:

Oh, I have the rulebook and spoilers too, but the cross references are hard to follow without page numbers and the fluff pages from the front being left out. Plus I'm a sucker for color

This! Just cant stand reading that ugly looking pdf… :P

#12 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

AshesFall said:

houjix1138 said:

Better than nothing.

#13 AshesFall

AshesFall

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Toqtamish said:

AshesFall said:

houjix1138 said:

Better than nothing.

Must … resist… temptation… :P

#14 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Toqtamish said:

That would get in the way of our nation's collective greed. :(

#15 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

houjix1138 said:

To that point there seem to be 5 pages of fluff missing from the front, so the PDF starts on page 6.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#16 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Sorry for the poor quality of the scan; it was literally all I have access to.  I expect FFG will be releasing a full-color version soon.

#17 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

radiskull said:

Sorry for the poor quality of the scan; it was literally all I have access to.  I expect FFG will be releasing a full-color version soon.

Thanks for taking the time to scan and post it. Worked good enough for me to read on my iPod.

#18 houjix1138

houjix1138

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Ya, don't take our feverishness at wanting the full color rules as a sign of ingratitude to those who took the time to scan the rules and combine them into a single file.  It was very much appreciated.

#19 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

Official rules are up as per the news article today. I must say, full color really does make a difference!

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#20 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

They do look good, don't they?! I hope that, now the rules are up, this will mean the game isn't long in arriving…

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS